3D Vision Experience - Dirt II Demo
Dirt II doesn't get a rating over at the NVIDIA 3D Vision game support site so we didn't expect a lot from it. Once you fire up the game you're quickly going to become concerned with what's going on. There's some serious weird effects taking place that really make your eyes go all over the place.
The problem is that you see glimpses where the 3D detail is perfect, and I mean Resident Evil and Batman: AA perfect. What I found myself doing at the menu was closing one eye when reading some of the text. It made the whole process quite easy; I figured I had taken the time to install the game, so I should at least fire up a race to see just how wacko it was.
You get into a game, though, and your mouth just drops. You find yourself sitting on the grid and the effects are instant. You increase the depth of field which you've dropped down to make the menus more bearable and the game is just instantly satisfying.
Our Rating - Excellent. There's some serious issues with the menu system when it comes to Dirt II, but unless you're playing in the menu it doesn't matter. Close one eye and quickly navigate through them and you don't run into any real trouble. Once you're in a game, however, the effects are amazing and it just breathes new life into the game. Considering how big this release was for ATI due to it being DX11 based, the 3D Vision effects are much more noticeable when it comes to racing. If the menus get fixed up like we're sure they will, this would easily go from an Excellent to a Game Changing experience. You simply can't look past the wackiness of the menu system at the moment, though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The 3D Vision Kit]
- Page 3 [The 3D Vision Kit - Continued]
- Page 4 [The ViewSonic FuHzion VX2268wm]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Install Ease]
- Page 6 [3D Vision Experience - Sims 3]
- Page 7 [3D Vision Experience - World of Warcraft]
- Page 8 [3D Vision Experience - Red Alert 3]
- Page 9 [3D Vision Experience - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [3D Vision Experience - Mirrors Edge]
- Page 11 [3D Vision Experience - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [3D Vision Experience - Batman: Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [3D Vision Experience - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 14 [3D Vision Experience - Sid Meier's Civilization IV]
- Page 15 [3D Vision Experience - Dirt II Demo]
- Page 16 [3D Vision Experience - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo]
- Page 17 [3D Vision Experience - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game Demo]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks: The Performance Hit]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- How Fallout 4's perk system might work
- The fully-optioned Tesla Model X electric SUV costs a huge $143,750
- Toshiba announces 12.5' Satellite Radius 12 2-in-1 convertible laptop
- Halo 5 opening cinematic teases a bunch of stuff you can't do in-game
- The new Nexus 5 will feature 1080p display, 6-core CPU and USB Type-C
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015