3D Vision Experience - Dirt II Demo
Dirt II doesn't get a rating over at the NVIDIA 3D Vision game support site so we didn't expect a lot from it. Once you fire up the game you're quickly going to become concerned with what's going on. There's some serious weird effects taking place that really make your eyes go all over the place.
The problem is that you see glimpses where the 3D detail is perfect, and I mean Resident Evil and Batman: AA perfect. What I found myself doing at the menu was closing one eye when reading some of the text. It made the whole process quite easy; I figured I had taken the time to install the game, so I should at least fire up a race to see just how wacko it was.
You get into a game, though, and your mouth just drops. You find yourself sitting on the grid and the effects are instant. You increase the depth of field which you've dropped down to make the menus more bearable and the game is just instantly satisfying.
Our Rating - Excellent. There's some serious issues with the menu system when it comes to Dirt II, but unless you're playing in the menu it doesn't matter. Close one eye and quickly navigate through them and you don't run into any real trouble. Once you're in a game, however, the effects are amazing and it just breathes new life into the game. Considering how big this release was for ATI due to it being DX11 based, the 3D Vision effects are much more noticeable when it comes to racing. If the menus get fixed up like we're sure they will, this would easily go from an Excellent to a Game Changing experience. You simply can't look past the wackiness of the menu system at the moment, though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The 3D Vision Kit]
- Page 3 [The 3D Vision Kit - Continued]
- Page 4 [The ViewSonic FuHzion VX2268wm]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Install Ease]
- Page 6 [3D Vision Experience - Sims 3]
- Page 7 [3D Vision Experience - World of Warcraft]
- Page 8 [3D Vision Experience - Red Alert 3]
- Page 9 [3D Vision Experience - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [3D Vision Experience - Mirrors Edge]
- Page 11 [3D Vision Experience - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [3D Vision Experience - Batman: Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [3D Vision Experience - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 14 [3D Vision Experience - Sid Meier's Civilization IV]
- Page 15 [3D Vision Experience - Dirt II Demo]
- Page 16 [3D Vision Experience - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo]
- Page 17 [3D Vision Experience - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game Demo]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks: The Performance Hit]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand