3D Vision Experience - Dirt II Demo
Dirt II doesn't get a rating over at the NVIDIA 3D Vision game support site so we didn't expect a lot from it. Once you fire up the game you're quickly going to become concerned with what's going on. There's some serious weird effects taking place that really make your eyes go all over the place.
The problem is that you see glimpses where the 3D detail is perfect, and I mean Resident Evil and Batman: AA perfect. What I found myself doing at the menu was closing one eye when reading some of the text. It made the whole process quite easy; I figured I had taken the time to install the game, so I should at least fire up a race to see just how wacko it was.
You get into a game, though, and your mouth just drops. You find yourself sitting on the grid and the effects are instant. You increase the depth of field which you've dropped down to make the menus more bearable and the game is just instantly satisfying.
Our Rating - Excellent. There's some serious issues with the menu system when it comes to Dirt II, but unless you're playing in the menu it doesn't matter. Close one eye and quickly navigate through them and you don't run into any real trouble. Once you're in a game, however, the effects are amazing and it just breathes new life into the game. Considering how big this release was for ATI due to it being DX11 based, the 3D Vision effects are much more noticeable when it comes to racing. If the menus get fixed up like we're sure they will, this would easily go from an Excellent to a Game Changing experience. You simply can't look past the wackiness of the menu system at the moment, though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The 3D Vision Kit]
- Page 3 [The 3D Vision Kit - Continued]
- Page 4 [The ViewSonic FuHzion VX2268wm]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Install Ease]
- Page 6 [3D Vision Experience - Sims 3]
- Page 7 [3D Vision Experience - World of Warcraft]
- Page 8 [3D Vision Experience - Red Alert 3]
- Page 9 [3D Vision Experience - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [3D Vision Experience - Mirrors Edge]
- Page 11 [3D Vision Experience - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [3D Vision Experience - Batman: Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [3D Vision Experience - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 14 [3D Vision Experience - Sid Meier's Civilization IV]
- Page 15 [3D Vision Experience - Dirt II Demo]
- Page 16 [3D Vision Experience - Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo]
- Page 17 [3D Vision Experience - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game Demo]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks: The Performance Hit]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Deep Silver will publish Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- How you can reel in high pay as a software tester
- J.J. Abrams teases imminent Portal movie announcement
- Titanfall 2's story trailer is an amazing piece of work
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now