The Build and Finished Product
The build could not have been more pleasurable. With a removable motherboard tray, I was able to load the board, cooler, and ram on the tray then slide it all in as one assembly. Removing the HDD rack is easy and a must for installation, it just simplifies things to have it out of the chassis, and to be able to build subsystems and assemble them into one complete package. Dropping in your favourite PSU is simple with the removable plat too. This allows you to route the wires and get them under way as you slide the PSU in from the rear and re-assemble the plate to the chassis. All of the management holes are not only well placed, but have a plastic edge to protect the wiring from being cut against the cut aluminium edges.
Once the GTX 285 and the ATI tuner were installed I spun the PC-X1000 around to get a look. Even the rear of the chassis is appealing and clean.
The two zip-ties they supply are nice, but not enough for my needs. Even though there isn't a window, and simply closing the door makes any wire management a non-issue. I, however, can't stand a rats nest of wires, and with the flow of air from front to back in the three chambers is very important to the concept, I felt tidying things behind closed doors was a must. It doesn't take much thinking to find the correct wire positions, the proximity of the rear panel to the tray kept me from wiring my 24 and 8-pin connection behind the tray. Never fear, the supplied clip holds them in place and against the tray quite nicely on the front.
One last step and we can close up the doors and power her up. I had to install the GPU support bar. This bar is adjustable in three positions. I currently have it in the right most for my GTX 285. If you have shorter cards, the bar can be moved two steps further left to accommodate those as well. From previous experience I know that these supports will only work if there is a corner of exposed PCB on the card. For instance, my full-cover GTX280 won't work as there is no "corner" to hook the support to.
I plugged in the PSU and was greeted with a boot on the first try, however my timing was off. I was able to get an image of the power LED, the amber HDD activity light below it would just flash in its current state. One I got it hooked of to a monitor and got a full system boot, the light kicked right on. Fully running I was left with a near silent, sleek and sexy, brushed aluminum chassis.
One thing I really liked was, when the lights are down in the room, there is no obnoxious lighting emanating from this chassis. I even placed a Xigmatek DK fan on my cooler just to see if it would show through. You have to get on an even line with the cooler, and even then the LED's are barely visible. So in the day you have one sexy piece of hardware to look at, but at night you can sleep with it in the room, or even through it out in the living room as an HTPC show piece.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case]
- Page 5 [Inside The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case]
- Page 6 [Inside The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case - Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance