Accessories and Documentation
Inside of a plain white box that is strapped into the chassis for shipping is four major components of the "goodies". There is a baggie that contains all the screws and miscellaneous hardware needed to get the PC-X1000 functioning with your components. Lian Li also includes a plastic sorter to keep parts organized during and after the build. At the very bottom are two, separately packaged, almost two foot long SATA cables, both of which have a 90 degree connection on one end.
Once I went through all the bags and got the "goodies" all sorted, I figured I should show everything Lian Li includes. Inside of the sorter's lid you will see a small wrench that fits the typical hex head/Phillip's head screws that go in a PSU or possibly to mount drives that take the same size threads. Next to the wrench are four rubber pads with tape on one side. This can be used at your discretion to cure any rattles or vibrations that may arise. Inside of the sorter there are the long GPU support screws at the left. The top row consists of anti-vibration grommets used for drive mounting. To the right of those are the risers and thumb screws used to mount the motherboard. The bottom row has smaller screws for smaller threaded drive mounts.
Moving right, there are the drive screws that combine with the grommets for drives that slide into the trays. The last compartment houses a ton of thumb screws for using in the HDD racks. Flanking the right and left are the SATA cables while an assortment of GPU support pieces are underneath. That leaves us with the two zip-ties, the motherboard speaker, and a wire management clip that can go anywhere on the right side of the motherboard tray it may be needed.
I did not find any literature in my chassis or box. This wasn't an issue until I got to one specific point of the installation. That point was when I went to install an optical drive. The front of the chassis is not removable, and the stealth covers don't come out the front either. What I found was if you remove the HDD cage from the top, the optical drive slides in from the back and locks into place quite easily. Even with a slight stall in the build, I will say that Lian Li did a great job with keeping things simple enough to only make me think that part through. Keeping everything but the mounting of some of the motherboard thumbscrews tool-less helps to keep installation very self explanatory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case]
- Page 5 [Inside The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case]
- Page 6 [Inside The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case - Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog