Accessories and Documentation
Inside of a plain white box that is strapped into the chassis for shipping is four major components of the "goodies". There is a baggie that contains all the screws and miscellaneous hardware needed to get the PC-X1000 functioning with your components. Lian Li also includes a plastic sorter to keep parts organized during and after the build. At the very bottom are two, separately packaged, almost two foot long SATA cables, both of which have a 90 degree connection on one end.
Once I went through all the bags and got the "goodies" all sorted, I figured I should show everything Lian Li includes. Inside of the sorter's lid you will see a small wrench that fits the typical hex head/Phillip's head screws that go in a PSU or possibly to mount drives that take the same size threads. Next to the wrench are four rubber pads with tape on one side. This can be used at your discretion to cure any rattles or vibrations that may arise. Inside of the sorter there are the long GPU support screws at the left. The top row consists of anti-vibration grommets used for drive mounting. To the right of those are the risers and thumb screws used to mount the motherboard. The bottom row has smaller screws for smaller threaded drive mounts.
Moving right, there are the drive screws that combine with the grommets for drives that slide into the trays. The last compartment houses a ton of thumb screws for using in the HDD racks. Flanking the right and left are the SATA cables while an assortment of GPU support pieces are underneath. That leaves us with the two zip-ties, the motherboard speaker, and a wire management clip that can go anywhere on the right side of the motherboard tray it may be needed.
I did not find any literature in my chassis or box. This wasn't an issue until I got to one specific point of the installation. That point was when I went to install an optical drive. The front of the chassis is not removable, and the stealth covers don't come out the front either. What I found was if you remove the HDD cage from the top, the optical drive slides in from the back and locks into place quite easily. Even with a slight stall in the build, I will say that Lian Li did a great job with keeping things simple enough to only make me think that part through. Keeping everything but the mounting of some of the motherboard thumbscrews tool-less helps to keep installation very self explanatory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case]
- Page 5 [Inside The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case]
- Page 6 [Inside The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case - Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The first big patch for Windows 10 is coming soon
- Rocket League patch will let you filter out PS4 users on the PC
- BBC's Grand Theft Auto TV movie 'The Gamechangers' trailer arrives
- Amnesia creators show off the latest trailer to SOMA, arrives Sep 22
- Apple's upcoming 21.5-inch iMac should feature a 4K display
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015