Inside The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case
As if the thick aluminum panel itself isn't enough to hold its own weight and still not flex, Lian Li adds side support brackets and top and bottom rails that are used for mounting. I did try to warp or flex this panel a bit, and came up empty and weak, I wasn't able to make this panel warp or flex.
With both panels removed we can get a good look at what makes the PC-X1000 tick. As I mentioned there are the three separated chambers of the chassis. The entirety of the interior, minus the top and rear panel are all made of exposed bushed aluminum, and looks quite appealing when the panel is off, whether it's removed for cleaning or showing off to friends, I like the looks of the bright , exposed interior.
Spinning the chassis 180 degrees, we get a good look at the removable motherboard tray and all the places you can conceive to hide wiring and keep the clean look of this chassis intact. Everything inside of here is built with ease of access in mind, and even from this side all the major components are easy to get into place and mounted.
Separating the chambers makes them a bit easier to explain. The top most chamber houses up to three 5.25" drives, and can simply be held in place with the tool-less lock on the top two. The bottom bay either needs a floppy drive place into the tray supplied inside and mounted, or remove it and add a third 5.25" drive with thumb screws supplied. Towards the rear is a removable, three drive, hard drive cage. Cooling this section of the chassis is a single 140mm fan placed in the rear panel to draw warm air off the drives and get it moving directly outside.
The front of the main chamber houses dual 140 mm fans to bring in cool ambient air. These fans are mounted to a removable plate. Take out those two thumb screws and the whole plate can be removed at once for cleaning and access to the dust filter on the other side. There is a bit of room to the right of the removable tray to hide some wires, but Lian Li adds plenty of management holes to aid in keeping things tidy.
This angle of the center chamber shows off the rear I/O and expansion slots. There are eight, vented slots available, and they all are held in place with the heavy duty, tool-less, latching mechanism which I loved in my previous sample. This is a very solid bracket even when cards like GTX 280's are installed. Two things we couldn't see in the last image are the rather large CPU cooler, back plate access hole in the motherboard tray, and the optional trays on the floor for SSD placement. Both of which are appreciated features, although I wish I had an SSD to set in the bracket. On the rear panel is a 140mm fan to exhaust the CPU fans heat and draw off the motherboard components.
The bottom chamber consists of the last of the 140mm fan supplying air from the right, and blows across another removable HDD rack. Once the air goes past the bays, it can supply air from the front to the PSU. Whether the fan of the power supply is up or down, Lian Li has it covered.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case]
- Page 5 [Inside The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case]
- Page 6 [Inside The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case - Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance