Cooling components is the name of the game; not only to overclockers, but it's just as important for the longevity of the hardware for those who run their components at stock settings. With most chassis designs there aren't many that try to keep groups of components isolated to try to keep heat levels of the whole chassis at bay. Chassis' like the Raven and Obsidian come to the forefront as chassis' that attempt a similar design. While the Raven took things a bit further and rotated the chassis design 90 degrees to the right, under normal usage I found the design wasn't all that beneficial to keeping things cooler. Corsair on the other hand, took the drives out of the mix by not pushing air across them and then into the motherboard area. This did help as they also redirected the airflow inside to keep a sufficient amount of ambient air coming into the main compartment to actually show a couple of degrees drop in temperature to the mainboard, CPU and GPU temps.
Most of us already know that Lian Li designs some of the best chassis' in overall concept, materials chosen, and ease of installation/use. The last time I had the pleasure of using a Lian Li chassis, I took a look at the Lian Li PC-B70, and that chassis was a real pleasure to use. It had a huge window, plenty of sexy aluminum inside, and even sexier anodized aluminum on the exterior. The PC-B70 also has sound deadening material placed inside to deaden any unwanted noises inside the chassis. In my opinion this was done to keep up their standard, as chassis' with windows do allow more noise to travel out of the interior, and possibly annoy the end user.
This time around Lian Li implements a three chambered design in this Tyr series chassis to separate components. The design consists of one at the top that holds optical and possibly hard drives, one that holds the mainboard, CPU and GPU's, and one at the bottom for more drives and the power supply. This concept is separated by sheets of aluminum and each section or chamber has its own cooling, no sharing in this chassis. Today we are looking at the PC-X1000 Super Tower. Let's get though the specifications and see what this chassis is all about.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case]
- Page 5 [Inside The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case]
- Page 6 [Inside The Lian Li PC-X1000 Super Tower Case - Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Three new Xbox One S deals for release week
- New Battlefield series interface launches on PS4
- WhatsApp to share user data with Facebook
- Domino's Pizza begins testing drone delivery
- The best way to rock out to premium audio anywhere
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- Asus Zenbook pro ux501vw touchscreen?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller