New and improved
On the slab today we have some new and improved cans from SteelSeries with some interesting updates to a functional and already proven design.
Most notably, the updates include a microphone boom built into the headset and a USB soundcard module.
Checking out the back of the pack, we can see that the frequency range is a wide band from 10 to 28,000Hz, which is more than adequate for gaming, movies and music on your computer.
32Ohms of impedance means it's an ideal choice for anything from portable low-power MP3 players to home stereo hi-fi systems.
Headphone sensitivity is measured in Sound Pressure Level (SPL) and I could spend pages explaining it, but all you need to know is that 112dB is adequate for this level of headphones. Unless you are a true audiophile, there is little chance you will notice the difference in these cans.
Out of the packaging there are the headphones in their glossy blackness and leather effect ear cups; a microphone mute switch and volume knob are inline on the cable, and there is an extension unit to give you the reach you need.
A USB audio device gives you virtual 7.1 surround sound which can provide better sound quality than some on-board devices.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- QuakeCon 2016 announced for August 4-7, 2016
- Fallout 4 has more dialogue than Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined
- Batman: Arkham Knight is finally playable on PC thanks to new patch
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015