The Vantec Universal Storage Adapter has sixty-six reasons why you need one in your hardware toolbox. In this age of commodity consumer electronics you never know what type of storage your next must have toy will use. It is nice to see that Vantec has made a solution for a problem that we all have faced.
With an e-tail cost of just 27.49 over at Newegg, the Vantec Universal Storage Adapter is quite reasonable. At that price it would have been reasonable if it only could handle 33 different formats, but since Vantec is giving us the whole thing we will accept it. The SATA and PATA ports are quite useful for enthusiasts since they give you instant access to your large storage devices.
The performance achieved with the Vantac USA is as high as we could expect given its USB 2.0 interface. With USB 3.0 on the horizon we can't help but wonder how long it will be before we have a similar product from Vantec with a 3.0 interface, but for now this is the best you can get.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Vantec NexStar Universal Storage Adapter]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox boss 'really happy' on Project Scorpio's progress
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Faraday Future receives only 60 deposits for the FF 91
- Huawei P10 to have the highest pricing in the series
- Honor 8 successor comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB ROM
- Asrock B150M-HDS problem
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017