When you have a look at some of our graphs you can find yourself a bit disappointed by the fact that when you're at 2200MHz DDR or above the performance is slower than the other kits which are running at a slower memory speed. Unfortunately the higher CPU speed means that the lower MHz clocked kits run a bit better.
Everything changes when you start moving above that 200 BCLK. As the RAM gets some more breathing room and a 4.4GHz+ clock speed to play with, performance across the board is almost a win every time.
This is what's really important about the memory kit and should help you decide if you can spend $179.99 on it (current price at Newegg) and make full use of it. The first thing is you want to have a bit of experience with overclocking or access to people who can give you a fair bit of help. Now, if you're able to achieve a 220 BCLK this is a great kit of RAM for you. If you can get slightly higher you'll be laughing, as we even had a bit of OC room on this kit.
Now, you might find yourself thinking that without this RAM you won't be able to find out if a 220 BCLK is possible. You should have a number of memory dividers in your motherboard which should give you the ability to achieve a 220 BCLK, but have your memory run at a significantly lower speed. If you don't really know how to do any of this, the chances are the kit isn't going to be for you.
If 220 BCLK or higher is achievable and you want your memory running as fast as possible, then this is what you want. PC3-17600 is the new PC3-16000 which has become quite competitively priced in recent times.
For under $200; albeit by 1c, you're not only getting some of the fastest memory on the planet, you're also getting a pretty cool little fan. If you have the need for speed and the ability to achieve an awesome BCLK, look at this RAM. While it might not be for everyone, we need companies like G.Skill to innovate and give us faster speeds as it's progress and that's why we love computers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform