We always say how memory packaging isn't all that fancy, but this one really takes the cake. Inside there isn't any fancy packaging; this is how the memory kit comes and as you can see there's not a whole lot being shown. On one side, though, we do have the information about the modules and inside we find ourselves looking at a manual for the installation of a fan.
The Modules and Extras
We've had a look at a Pi kit from G.Skill in the past and this kit is different in a few ways. The massive speed on offer means we've got a fan included in the package which sits on top of the RAM, while the modules themselves have a pretty high build quality and some pretty big fins out the top.
While one side of the modules have the G.Skill and Pi series logo, the other has only the company logo along with a sticker that gives us a run down on the modules. You can see that it's a 4GB PC3-17600 kit. As for the rest of the information, we'll break that down on the next page.
Just quickly on the fan that G.Skill has included, we've got a single fan design that will sit straight over the top of our modules when installed. The whole design is plastic and does feel a bit flimsy; I'm not sure if I would say it felt cheap, but I wouldn't want to be too rough with it. Really, though, once you've installed the modules and fan you shouldn't be touching it again anytime soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Noctua says its 24V industrial fans are the best an enthusiast can get
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS