It's time for the benchmark section of the review. The Acer Aspire 5738PG-6306 I am reviewing here and the Aspire 5738DG shares much of the same hardware. The screens are the only real difference meaning that the performance is virtually identical. The first test up is Battery Eater Pro.
Battery Eater Pro
The first benchmark for the notebook is Battery Eater Pro. This is a particularly rough test on battery life. For the max performance test, I ran the notebook with all power saving features turned off and the screen at 100% brightness. For the Power Saving mode test I used the same settings but turned screen brightness down to 50%. Check out the chart below for the scores; battery life is not the notebook's forte.
The next test up is my iTunes encoding test where I take an MP3 version of the Stone Temple Pilots Core album and encode it to AAC format. The process is timed with a stopwatch to get the score. Check out the chart below for the test results.
Version and / or Patch Used: 9
Developer Homepage: http://www.microsoft.com
Product Homepage: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx
The final benchmark is my movie encoding test where I take the 1080p Magic of Flight video from Microsoft and turn it into a DVD quality video with CD quality sound. Check out the chart below to see how well the notebook did.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni