Motherboard: GIGABYTE P55A-UD4 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Processors: Intel Core i7 870 (Supplied by AVADirect)
Memory: Corsair Dominator 1600 MHz Triple Channel Kit
Graphics Card: Leadtek Quadro FX1700 (Supplied by Leadtek)
Enclosure: Lian Li V2000
Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 (Supplied by Noctua)
SAS Controller: LSI MegaRAID SAS 9260-8i (Supplied by LSI)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate X64
You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
We have been testing some new products on the GIGABYTE P55A-UD4 lately and put the ASUS P6T7 WS SuperComputer on the shelf for a little while. The P55A-UD4 features USB 3.0 and SATA 6G so we were able to test both the Seagate Barracuda XT and Western Digital Caviar Black on the Intel SATA 3G and Marvel SATA 6G ports. Both drives have 2TB of capacity and are sold at the same 299.99 USD price.
If you are comparing our benchmark numbers to those of other sites, please be aware that several companies are pushing for storage products to be tested with a policy change that is found in device manager under each hard drive. The option, "Turn off Windows write-cache buffer on the device" will give you a small performance increase when the box is checked, but we feel it is dangerous since if you have a power outage all of the data in the hard drive's cache will be lost. Most users do not even know about the enhancement and we are trying to test drive performance as you, the user would see it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel