Motherboard: GIGABYTE P55A-UD4 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Processors: Intel Core i7 870 (Supplied by AVADirect)
Memory: Corsair Dominator 1600 MHz Triple Channel Kit
Graphics Card: Leadtek Quadro FX1700 (Supplied by Leadtek)
Enclosure: Lian Li V2000
Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 (Supplied by Noctua)
SAS Controller: LSI MegaRAID SAS 9260-8i (Supplied by LSI)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate X64
You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
We have been testing some new products on the GIGABYTE P55A-UD4 lately and put the ASUS P6T7 WS SuperComputer on the shelf for a little while. The P55A-UD4 features USB 3.0 and SATA 6G so we were able to test both the Seagate Barracuda XT and Western Digital Caviar Black on the Intel SATA 3G and Marvel SATA 6G ports. Both drives have 2TB of capacity and are sold at the same 299.99 USD price.
If you are comparing our benchmark numbers to those of other sites, please be aware that several companies are pushing for storage products to be tested with a policy change that is found in device manager under each hard drive. The option, "Turn off Windows write-cache buffer on the device" will give you a small performance increase when the box is checked, but we feel it is dangerous since if you have a power outage all of the data in the hard drive's cache will be lost. Most users do not even know about the enhancement and we are trying to test drive performance as you, the user would see it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X16 modem capable of 1Gbps over LTE
- Hitman is part of AMD's Gaming Evolved program, includes DX12 features
- Infinity Ward is working on the next Call of Duty, due late this year
- Kanye West begins showing off his new video game
- Today is the last day for free Google Drive storage offer
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives