There are quite a few upsides to this chassis. The MA-280 is sleek, small, and very nice to look at. Their use of space is superb, as I was able to pack quite a bit of equipment inside of it. The cooling while small in its 40mm fan as the only source of flow, I was still able to keep a LGA775 processor at levels I would have expected in a mATX chassis using passive means of cooling. So all that venting must do a good job of allowing enough cool air into the chassis, even with the small nature of the source. Under Intel Atom builds this chassis would handle its duties to protect and cool just fine.
The build went smooth, and even with non-English written instructions, I was able to get most of the build to function properly. There are a few points I must address here, though. The front panel, while having an attractive look, feels flimsy during the build and the slightly dysfunctional front door that "stealths" the optical drive just adds to that. Then on top of that, my LED's didn't function properly. I'm not sure if it is a quality control issue, or a need for a deeper look into the manufacturing process, but I feel if I buy a chassis it should fully function out of the box.
I have read other reviews of this chassis where similar issues are being addressed with the front panel as I had, so it isn't exactly isolated. Objectively I look at the MA-280, and even with its slight dysfunction, I really love the concept. Efficient uses of both space and power are top of the list, with a really sleek look fighting for either spot. Honestly, even in the condition it's in as I have it now, I would still have it next to my TV in my living room, if I had an Atom setup that is. I can always listen for the whir of the 40mm fan to see if it's functioning. With a price of around $70 USD when it finally gets released in the states, it is a great budget builder's solution to a nettop PC, as well as an attractive one to those who aren't. Let's just hope they get the panel issues solved before they do hit the shelves.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Report: Mega Man movie gets greenlit by Fox
- We Heard You Like Discounts
- Acer's new 10-core smartphone will 'dominate' Android gaming
- The first big patch for Windows 10 is coming soon
- Rocket League patch will let you filter out PS4 users on the PC
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015