Inside The SEED MA-280 Mini-ITX Case
Even the budget minded like nice looking features, and SEED takes it to the inside as well. I removed the top panel, and was pleasantly surprised to see the whole of the interior is finished in black paint as this is.
Turning the attention back into the chassis things are a bit cramped on first take of what I am seeing. We need to get the drive plates out of the way so we can get a better look inside. Removing these only takes removing six Phillip's head screws of various sizes, try to keep the sorted, or it may take some trial and error trying to get them back together.
Getting the plates out of the way was a breeze, and here they are. The smaller plate on the left is used to hold a 2.5" hard drive, which mounts with supplied screws to the bottom of the drive by aligning the four holes. The larger plate on the right holds another 2.5" hard drive if you'd like, as well as supporting the slim type optical drive too.
As you can see the entire inside is black, and there is even a plastic liner behind the motherboard to guard against any accidental shorts to the back of the motherboard. At the top you see the included power unit, this is the 90 watt version. Just to the right of the PSU is the 40mm fan that not only cools the chassis, but pulls air directly off the power unit, hopefully prolonging its life.
SEED includes plenty of length with their wiring. The front panel wiring containing the power and reset switch, and the LED activity connections can reach to any corner of the chassis. Same thing goes for the USB 2.0 and HD Audio connectors. The power unit has a 4-pin CPU power connection as well as a 20+4 pin motherboard connection. From the 24-pin stems all the other power leads. These consist of 2 SATA power connections, a micro SATA style power connection, as well as a FDD type power plug.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20