Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Areca ARC-1680X comes from Areca's line of low profile SATA/SAS controllers and uses the Intel IOP348 controller running at 1200MHz. The card interfaces with your system by PCIe 1.0 and uses 8 lanes. Cache is handled by 512MB of onboard DDR2 and it is not upgradable like Areca's flagship models. As mentioned previously, there are two SFF-8088 ports on the back of the controller and it will allow you to connect external SATA/SAS products to your system.
Not mentioned in the specifications above is the out of band Ethernet port that will allow you to manage your controller from another system.
I was able to put together the above list of additional specifications and features for the ARC-1680X. For the most part the 1680X isn't that much different from Areca's award winning line of internal controllers. As you can see, several array options are present and all of the basics are covered.
Areca has enjoyed solid success in the aftermarket and you can currently find their controllers in several e-tail outlets. The lowest price I was able to find for the ARC-1680X came from Provantage and they have it listed for 549.57. In our review today we will be using the new LSI 9280-8E to compare to the 1680X and its lowest price online at this time is 688 Dollars from Buy.com, so the ARC-1680X costs quite a bit less as long as you don't require the next generation features that the LSI has to offer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Areca ARC-1680X]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - AS SSD Copy-Benchmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Players attempt to enter nostalgia trip as CODPROMOD kicks on
- Check out these official DOCTOR WHO wired and wireless headphones
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog