After subjecting the unit to quite exhaustive tests, the Antec True Power 550watt PSU meets its ratings and designed specifications. Overall, we were very impressed with the unit. It is well built, featuring neat wiring and a very clean interior. Power cables are long enough to fit just about every case out there and the variety of connectors ensures that even the most hardcore enthusiast will be able to power all of their devices and then some without a problem.
Furthermore, Antec's "Low Noise Technology" ensures that the unit will not be running any louder than it should be - ideal for those striving to build a silent PC. With a maximum output current of 550watt, the True550 is admittedly more than the average user will ever require, however, there are lower rated models out there which I trust will perform just as well as our 550watt model did. At a price of $US139.95, the unit is not cheap, however, it is certainly one of the cheapest 550watt power supplies currently on the market.
Huge 550watt maximum output current
Low noise technology
Supports all current AMD and Intel processors
Plenty of connectors
Long cables can cause unwanted clutter
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editor's Choice Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 rumored to get support for HDR soon
- Star Wars Battlefront II's new trailer looks INCREDIBLE
- NVIDIA announces SLI/HDR support for Shadow of War on PC
- ASUS B250 Mining Expert board: support for 19 x GPUs
- Destiny 2 will have 21:9, SLI, HDR support on the PC
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience