After subjecting the unit to quite exhaustive tests, the Antec True Power 550watt PSU meets its ratings and designed specifications. Overall, we were very impressed with the unit. It is well built, featuring neat wiring and a very clean interior. Power cables are long enough to fit just about every case out there and the variety of connectors ensures that even the most hardcore enthusiast will be able to power all of their devices and then some without a problem.
Furthermore, Antec's "Low Noise Technology" ensures that the unit will not be running any louder than it should be - ideal for those striving to build a silent PC. With a maximum output current of 550watt, the True550 is admittedly more than the average user will ever require, however, there are lower rated models out there which I trust will perform just as well as our 550watt model did. At a price of $US139.95, the unit is not cheap, however, it is certainly one of the cheapest 550watt power supplies currently on the market.
Huge 550watt maximum output current
Low noise technology
Supports all current AMD and Intel processors
Plenty of connectors
Long cables can cause unwanted clutter
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editor's Choice Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives