Voltage readings in blue are the numbers recorded from the Voltmeter across the load. The current through the load was obtained by calculating the series resistance required for achieving the desired current flow under load conditions.
Note: Calculated Total Output Power has 24.5 watts added to it. This is the power at maximum current specified, for -5v, -12v and +5v SB. These rails were loaded, for a maximum total load of 24.5 watts for all the tests.
- Specifications vs. Test Results
Normally, in practice not all outputs would be running at maximum current anyway. Antec rates this as a 550watt power supply, even though the total adds up to 618 watts. This would still be sufficient to allow you to operate at the maximum specified current on some of the rails.
- Voltage Regulation
Compared to Intel's guide on power supply specifications, the output voltage ranges for the Antec 550 Watt supply is less than +/-3% on the +5v, +12v & +3.3v outputs. In practice, Antec's power supply outputs work well within this range for different loads. Furthermore, the noise on the +5v DC rail is less than 50 millivolts. This is a very good result for a switching power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- More 'Star Trek' movies not guaranteed, warns star
- Night Trap returns, with the FMV game hitting consoles
- Vivendi could push for an Ubisoft takeover this year
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds charity event: May 4
- Jeff Goldblum joins 'Jurassic World 2' cast
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family