Unfortunately, the power supply is often one of the most overlooked components in the entire PC. However, this is quite ignorant as a power supply can be all that separates a stable and unstable system. It is important that you purchase a power supply that can handle its specified maximum output current. For example, some of the cheaper 300watt units will not even handle a load of 250watt. If you ran this power supply in a machine that draws more than 250watt, you will find yourself experiencing random reboots or simply won't be able to boot up the machine at all.
For this reason, there are a number of trusted brands of power supply that enthusiasts can rely on for quality products. For years now, one of the most popular brands of power supply has been Enermax, providing a wide range of quality products that always run at their specified rating and beyond.
Antec have recently entered the enthusiast power supply market with their TruePower product range. TruePower PSUs come in 330watt, 380watt, 430watt, 480watt and 550watt models, and are in direct competition with the range from Enermax. We have managed to obtain Antec's 550watt model and over the past few weeks have put it through an array of torture tests to determine if the unit has got what it takes to compete in an already competitive market. Want to know our verdict? Read on to find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni