Having a look at the A-DATA kit, you don't see anything that really stands out at you when it comes to the overall design of the kit. The heatsink that they've opted for isn't all that Xtreme, but does a good enough job when it comes to making sure that the default clocks can be achieved.
As for the timings, they're pretty good. The 1T command rate is nice and the 9-9-9-24 isn't too bad as some of the more relaxed kits come in at 9-9-9-27. In saying that, there are plenty of 8-8-8 kits out there if you want something more aggressive, but of course, this is going to come at a cost.
This is a nice kit of RAM from A-DATA. It's a little simple, but that doesn't mean it's bad. The simple design of the heatsink and timings that sit in the middle of the pack means that it's a nice kit of RAM for a lot of people. While we didn't have much luck getting any higher when it came to overclocking, that doesn't mean you won't have some luck with the kit.
The most important thing about these modules is that the stock clocks of 9-9-9-24-1N are achieved with no issue. Getting to that setup was done in the first attempt using 1.65v and that's what makes a good memory kit.
If you're hunting for something that's a bit more aggressive than the G.Skill kit we looked at recently, this could be a kit worth looking at. It's not fancy, but the kit does what you want which is what we want.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare officially trademarked by Activision
- Vivendi buys more Ubisoft shares, takeover rumors begin
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched