Having a look at the A-DATA kit, you don't see anything that really stands out at you when it comes to the overall design of the kit. The heatsink that they've opted for isn't all that Xtreme, but does a good enough job when it comes to making sure that the default clocks can be achieved.
As for the timings, they're pretty good. The 1T command rate is nice and the 9-9-9-24 isn't too bad as some of the more relaxed kits come in at 9-9-9-27. In saying that, there are plenty of 8-8-8 kits out there if you want something more aggressive, but of course, this is going to come at a cost.
This is a nice kit of RAM from A-DATA. It's a little simple, but that doesn't mean it's bad. The simple design of the heatsink and timings that sit in the middle of the pack means that it's a nice kit of RAM for a lot of people. While we didn't have much luck getting any higher when it came to overclocking, that doesn't mean you won't have some luck with the kit.
The most important thing about these modules is that the stock clocks of 9-9-9-24-1N are achieved with no issue. Getting to that setup was done in the first attempt using 1.65v and that's what makes a good memory kit.
If you're hunting for something that's a bit more aggressive than the G.Skill kit we looked at recently, this could be a kit worth looking at. It's not fancy, but the kit does what you want which is what we want.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Grand Theft Auto V 'ENBSeries' 4K screenshots will blow you away
- Just two of Intel's new Skylake CPUs are unlocked for overclocking
- Minecraft creator has 'never felt more isolated' with his $2.5 billion
- Julian Assange urged Edward Snowden to pick Russia over Latin America
- Cyclist has a rather amusing encounter with a Google self-driving car
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- Until Dawn Sony PlayStation 4 Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20