But viewing pictures is not all that the TV-M7 can do, you can also watch a video (MJPEG / VGA @20fps, MPEG1 / VGA @30fps, MPEG-4 / D1 @30fps, H.264 BP / CIF@30fps formats) complete with audio, listen to music (MP3, WMA, AAC-LC (MPEG4)) stored internally or on an SD-Card, and also use the TV-M7 as a clock/calendar for your desktop.
As with displaying images, the videos and or music must be copied to the local device to either internal storage or an inserted SD card. To access the media you can either navigate to the Internal Memory (or SD Card) icon to open the video or music you want or for music you can press the Photo/Music button on the remote to see a listing of music you have to play. Unfortunately the audio quality it very poor; the single speaker gives off a hollow and reedy sound. I would not recommend it for use as an audio playback device.
Video Viewing is another feature of the TV-M7 (and one that makes sense). You can access video files (MJPEG, MPEG1, MPEG4) stored either locally or on a removable storage card. The playback quality is not the best and (as mentioned above) the audio quality is very poor. It is a feature that ties in with the primary purpose of the TV-M7 which is a viewer for connected TRENDnet IP cameras. So, while the video playback feature is not the most stunning feature, it still makes sense in the long run.
One of the "bread and butter" features of the TV-M7 is picture viewing. As we mentioned above in the setup, you are able to pull pictures from a rather large number of sources. These can be displayed either singly or in a looped slide show. If you display an image as a standalone image, you can also add in a clock and calendar to the display to add functionality (and more of a disguise, too) for the TV-M7. In fact, it is this function that allows the TV-M7 to occupy a spot on my desk and moonlight as a clock and picture frame when I am not using it to monitor the cameras on my security system.
But the main reason for the TV-M7 is to monitor IP cameras. You can monitor up to four IP cameras simultaneously. When in the Camera view you can select one and click on the Zoom button to view that camera in full screen mode. Unfortunately this only allows viewing and not control of the camera. It would be a very nice feature if you could control pan and tilt cameras with the TV-M7, but sadly this is not the case. Still, the ability to view attached IP cameras from a single innocuous location is a good thing.
The last feature we will talk about is not so much a feature as a necessity; this is the included remote. With this remote you can navigate through the items on the menu (using the arrow buttons) as well as jump directly to many functions with a single press of a button.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome extension shields you from Star Wars spoilers
- AMD ends driver development for non-GCN Radeon cards
- Google Contributor reduces website ads for monthly fee
- AMD Radeon Settings, Crimson Edition driver released
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED