The iStorage Pro iT8SAE
The iT8SAE has a mesh grill that allows the system to pull air in from the front of the unit and pass it over the drives. The door has a lock, but we were able to turn the system on and off through the mesh grill. But since this isn't designed for high security environments, it wasn't that big of a deal.
With the door open we can see the removable drive bays. At the bottom right there is a power button and two LEDs that show the systems status.
The back planes are setup for SAS drives, so you can use either SAS or SATA drives, or even a combination of the two.
The drive carriers are made of steel and use copper inserts that eliminates any vibration that would normally add to the noise from the system when in operation. This is important in the production environment since no one wants to mix down a song or video and hear the rattle of their storage subsystem.
The top and sides of the iT8SAE are made of thick aluminum which aids in keeping the weight down as well as insulate hard drive noise.
The Areca ARC-8020 is located at the top of the unit. The middle connector is where you insert the data cable from the RAID controller. The two ports on either side are used to expand the system. A terminal slot is also included on the expander and you can telnet into the system to set everything up. The four buttons to the right of the LCD screen can also be used to set the system up further if needed, but iStorage Pro has done a very good job of having everything ready to go as soon as you power the system on.
A 120mm fan sets in the middle of the iT8SAE and does a good job of keeping the drives cool. Our 15K.7 drives never reported temperatures over 40C. The power supply is at the bottom of the case. The power supply included in the unit was manufactured by Seasonic, the same OEM that Corsair uses on their extremely popular PSUs. The PSU included with our test system was 80-Plus certified and came with a 350 watt rating.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The iStorage Pro iT8SAE]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - AS SSD Copy-Benchmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- A closer look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's power combos
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications