Coolers seem to follow a very typical plan of what makes a good tower cooler. Some companies try fancy edge designs, while others implement more and more heat pipes to transfer the heat, all with varying success. To save a ton of money in real world building and testing, computer simulated environments are definitely the way to go. GELID has offered silent cooling prior to this, but this time they looked at things a little differently.
At this point the typical company introduces a louder fan into the mix and says there is give and take to the mix, and that it's just a way of manufacturing a better performing complete package. GELID took a different approach; they were looking for a better way to keep the best of both worlds, and with hours of programming and simulations in the development stages, have come up with a slightly different way to maximize the coolers potential, and at no expense to your ear drums.
What do you have at this point in a design? Well, frankly, a slightly chevron shaped cooler that boasts lower acoustic levels than their previous cooling solutions. Taking on a new design and using a couple of other known "tricks of the trade", GELID hopes to give consumers the best of both worlds; both silence and performance. Now that we have a basic concept fresh in our mind, let's get into the specifications so we can get a better look at this unique design in the GELID Tranquillo.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The GELID Tranquillo CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis