The name for Hitachi's rugged line of portable storage is very fitting. Hitachi isn't advertising their SimpleTOUGH products as being able to survive a burning building or go through the English Channel; it is just simply tough. You can get away with kicking it, leaving it outside or what most of us will do, accidently drop it from time to time.
Our 500GB SimpleTOUGH sample costs right around 120.00 USD which is a bargain considering that you will spend 100 Dollars on a 500GB 2.5 inch form factor drive by itself. Good luck finding an external carrier that is made as well as the SimpleTOUGH for only 20 Dollars. With that in mind, I think Hitachi has done a great job putting together a great product at a great price. With the holidays coming up everyone is looking for great value and this would be perfect for the tech person in your life or that hard to buy for college student.
The only thing I would have liked to have seen Hitachi do with the SimpleTOUGH is include USB 3.0 with the unit, but since the technology is so new there really isn't a USB 3.0 enclosure on the market just yet. We are hearing that the shortage in chipsets is making things difficult for manufacturers to ramp up production.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset