The name for Hitachi's rugged line of portable storage is very fitting. Hitachi isn't advertising their SimpleTOUGH products as being able to survive a burning building or go through the English Channel; it is just simply tough. You can get away with kicking it, leaving it outside or what most of us will do, accidently drop it from time to time.
Our 500GB SimpleTOUGH sample costs right around 120.00 USD which is a bargain considering that you will spend 100 Dollars on a 500GB 2.5 inch form factor drive by itself. Good luck finding an external carrier that is made as well as the SimpleTOUGH for only 20 Dollars. With that in mind, I think Hitachi has done a great job putting together a great product at a great price. With the holidays coming up everyone is looking for great value and this would be perfect for the tech person in your life or that hard to buy for college student.
The only thing I would have liked to have seen Hitachi do with the SimpleTOUGH is include USB 3.0 with the unit, but since the technology is so new there really isn't a USB 3.0 enclosure on the market just yet. We are hearing that the shortage in chipsets is making things difficult for manufacturers to ramp up production.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni