The Simpletech by Hitachi SimpleTOUGH
Although it looks like the middle is textured, it is smooth. On the sides the heavy duty rubber that protects the sides offer good grip while carrying the SimpleTOUGH. A white LED light glows when the unit is powered.
The back of the casing has the model and serial number as well as the capacity. Down the middle we see the attached USB 2.0 cable and how it tucks in the drive nicely when not in use.
The rubber edges of the enclosure stick out further than the middle drive portion. The USB cable rests flat inside of a cut-out in the carrier.
With the cable extended we found a spot to use external power, but are not sure why it is included since the drive is powered completely by USB.
The attached cable is right around 6-7 inches long, so it can be a little challenging if being used with a notebook on your lap. Still, I would rather have a short attached cable than a long cable that I needed to find every time I wanted to use the drive.
Here we see the overall look of the SimpleTOUGH with the USB cable extended.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA rumored to use GDDR5X on next-gen Pascal-based GPUs
- Halo 5 requires 60GB of HDD space on Xbox One
- Allison Road abandons Kickstarter, as it has found itself a publisher
- Check out this awesome 'Back to the Future' vinyl box set
- Ronda Rousey's 'Road House' remake finds its director
- Open Hour Gecko TV Box Review
- z87 killer no display after new installation ((URGENT))
- Z170 Raid Setup Post Win7x64 Install to M.2
- airflow questions for lian li pco-6 case
- eee 1000H BIOS stuck + BIOS flash problems
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the NEW CRONOS AD Premium Gaming Headset
- Kingston Announces the HyperX Cloud Mav Edition Headset
- Super Talent Releases New 128GB USB 2.0 Pico C Drives
- EK Releases Full-coverage Water Block for Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD
- ASUSTOR Launches 31 Series, Economical and Powerful 4K Multimedia NAS