The Simpletech by Hitachi SimpleTOUGH
Although it looks like the middle is textured, it is smooth. On the sides the heavy duty rubber that protects the sides offer good grip while carrying the SimpleTOUGH. A white LED light glows when the unit is powered.
The back of the casing has the model and serial number as well as the capacity. Down the middle we see the attached USB 2.0 cable and how it tucks in the drive nicely when not in use.
The rubber edges of the enclosure stick out further than the middle drive portion. The USB cable rests flat inside of a cut-out in the carrier.
With the cable extended we found a spot to use external power, but are not sure why it is included since the drive is powered completely by USB.
The attached cable is right around 6-7 inches long, so it can be a little challenging if being used with a notebook on your lap. Still, I would rather have a short attached cable than a long cable that I needed to find every time I wanted to use the drive.
Here we see the overall look of the SimpleTOUGH with the USB cable extended.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- J.J. Abrams teases imminent Portal movie announcement
- Titanfall 2's story trailer is an amazing piece of work
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- Microsoft is reportedly working on an all-in-one Surface
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now