The Simpletech by Hitachi SimpleTOUGH
Although it looks like the middle is textured, it is smooth. On the sides the heavy duty rubber that protects the sides offer good grip while carrying the SimpleTOUGH. A white LED light glows when the unit is powered.
The back of the casing has the model and serial number as well as the capacity. Down the middle we see the attached USB 2.0 cable and how it tucks in the drive nicely when not in use.
The rubber edges of the enclosure stick out further than the middle drive portion. The USB cable rests flat inside of a cut-out in the carrier.
With the cable extended we found a spot to use external power, but are not sure why it is included since the drive is powered completely by USB.
The attached cable is right around 6-7 inches long, so it can be a little challenging if being used with a notebook on your lap. Still, I would rather have a short attached cable than a long cable that I needed to find every time I wanted to use the drive.
Here we see the overall look of the SimpleTOUGH with the USB cable extended.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications