There's more to the Ripjaws kit than just a cool name. Getting to the stock 2000MHz DDR speed isn't an issue with our ASROCK board and moving to a 1T command rate and squeezing an extra 40MHz DDR out of the kit wasn't hard at all either. While we did try to get higher, we didn't have much luck.
The Ripjaws kit isn't all that fancy when push comes to shove. Sure, it's a bit of an upgrade when compared to a standard heatsink that has no fins, but it's nothing too wacky. While we haven't seen the exact same fin setup before, it's nothing that's going to shock you.
At $119.99 over at Newegg, this is an extremely aggressively priced 2000MHz DDR kit. Sure, the timings are a bit more relaxed than other kits that come in at a higher price, but if you want a 2000MHz kit that isn't going to bust your bank account then this is a perfect fit.
This is a really great kit; pricing on the model is fantastic and it's great for people who want to get into overclocking, if you want to have plenty of head room yet don't want to pay that normal PC3-16000 premium which comes with most kits, you're not going to find anything else that stands out like these Ripjaws modules.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - EVEREST Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni