Titan has really surprised me with the Skalli. I read that they wanted to keep it like the Fenrir. And I'm thinking to myself, that cooler is twice the girth of the Skalli. I now realize that they weren't talking about its cooling ability, as once I dug deeper I saw the 130W limit. This to me says, they must mean "let's keep the appeal and silence from the Fenrir" and offer it on a budget to new AM3 and i5 owners. This seems to be exactly what they have done.
The Skalli is a really nice solution for those with little room in their chassis, or if they don't plan to overclock their rig heavily enough to go much over the 130W cap. The Skalli is near dead silent in idle, and at load it still beats 90% of the competition. With this silence on such a small platform for a cooler, there is a trade off. The performance of the Skalli is a bit lacking in my opinion, but you have to be ready to play the game of give and take in the pursuit of silence.
I didn't really run into anything abnormal during my testing and observation of the Skalli, well, aside from the missing pin, but that didn't thwart my efforts in the least to strap this to our test bed. I do see an issue arising down the line of ownership, though, and that is this. 100mm fans are tough to find as it is, and if you want to upgrade fans without some serious thought, a 120mm is out of the question, and 100mm fan choices are nowhere near as silent as what Titan offers either.
Silence is what I personally like in a PC. My work rig sits within three feet of me while I'm gaming or writing. If I were to run a HTPC or any SFF chassis in my living room, again I wouldn't want the hum of a fan to overplay the subtle sounds in the movie. The silence of the Skalli is a huge selling point to me, and with most HTPC's and SFF builds overclocking isn't always needed. If you fit this mould and need a good, quiet, compact cooling solution, take a look at the Skalli TTC-NC05TZ/NPW (RB).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Titan Skalli TTC-NC05TZ/NPW (RB) CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives