As we said in the introduction, you're simply not going to get the same "WOW" factor out of the HD 5750 version of the Vapor-X model for the simple reason being that it's a mid range card. No matter what a company does to these mid range cards, it's hard to get the same excitement from it when compared to something higher end like the HD 5870.
In saying that, however, the HD 5750 Vapor-X is hardly a bad card. Already impressed with what the stock model was capable of, it's good to see a small bump in performance when comparing outright FPS while at the same time getting better numbers off both the core and temperature thanks to the fan.
If you're thinking that the HD 5750 is for you and you don't mind spending the extra dollars, the Vapor-X version might be a better option. The extra few MHz on the core and memory give a small but consistent performance increase, while the new fan does an excellent job of cooling and also looking the part.
The Vapor-X series really is aimed at a different user group. While I find myself liking the ATOMIC series of video cards from Sapphire which bring with them a bigger increase in performance with similar noise and temperature levels to a standard model, others simply find themselves content with the out of the box performance of the stock models, whilst preferring to have a card that runs a little cooler and quieter.
If you're the latter, the Vapor-X series is for you. And look on the bright side; Sapphire even take the time to give us a small bump in performance. Having looked at both Vapor-X models from Sapphire, we find at the moment there's a clear hole in the middle. Hopefully the HD 5770 and HD 5850 get the Vapor-X treatment in the near future.
Dirt 2, new cooling, a small increase in performance and just an all round good card make the Vapor-X OC HD 5750 a card worth looking at. If you want even more performance now, you can at least know that you're buying a card that is giving you better cooling than a stock model and the ability to attack the clock speeds yourself.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Free Xbox LIVE games for August leaked
- AMD's Radeon Pro SSG handles 8K 96FPS, thanks to an on-board M.2 SSD
- AMD introduces Radeon Pro WX series, Polaris-based workstation cards
- Grand Theft Auto V's new mod pushes close to photo-realistic graphics
- Rare Boba Fett 'Star Wars' action figure sells for $34k at auction
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio