There's nothing all that fancy about the OCZ kit we've got here today. The Platinum series is nothing we haven't seen before and the 1866MHz DDR standard clock with a 9-9-9 setup isn't exactly the most aggressive we've seen. So what exactly does this mean for you? Well, it's simple really. You've got a no frills kit that does what it's supposed to.
You're not going to be breaking any records with this RAM, nor are you going to achieve hundreds of MHz over its stock clock. What you're going to get is a 4GB kit at a reasonable price that does everything it's supposed to do, while at the same time offering a few more MHz in the event you want to go higher.
If you want something that's a bit faster than the 1600MHz stuff, but don't want to pay the premium that 2000MHz kits carry, this is a fantastic 4GB kit for your P55 setup. Newegg are currently selling it for just $125.99 USD. It's a nice offering from OCZ for people who want to get a kit that is going to offer some decent MHz off the bat while not breaking the bank.
The fact that it doesn't have big fins protruding out the top or extremely tight timings means you're able to get a kit of memory that offers a reasonably high standard MHz at a reasonable price. The PC3-15000 ultimately represents a good medium where you don't pay that 2000MHz+ premium, but you have some more speed to play with unlike 1333MHz or 1600MHz DDR kits.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung announces new OEM 750 Series SSDs with corporate warranty
- Seagate boasts new storage archtecture capable of 1Tbps
- Similar numbers on Fallout 4 PC than Battlefront on all platforms
- AMD to paper launch Radeon R9 Fury X2, could be delayed into 2016
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Sonnet Fusion PCIe Fusion Drive 256GB Thunderbolt 2 SSD Review
- PC-O5SX Availability
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- LG TOUTS THE POWER OF OLED IN SLICK NEW CAMPAIGN
- Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad P40 Yoga Mobile Workstation
- Cohesive Networks Joins HPE's Cloud28+ Catalogue of Services for European Enterprises
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China