MSI tried to put a bit of the marketing spin on me, talking about how great the model could overclock with the help of its Afterburner software. To be honest, most of the time I don't really buy into this, but thinking it might make the product a bit more exciting I decided to take the time.
As for the standard specifications, you can see above the core comes in at 550MHz, the shader at 1340MHz and the 512MB of GDDR5 at 3600MHz which is slightly up on the stock 3400MHz that the standard model comes with.
Firing up the Afterburner software, we have the ability to change the clocks and increase the voltage. To be honest, the voltage ability is a bit weird; it doesn't tell us what we're at or what we're moving to. Instead, you start at 0 and you can go -100 or +100.
We went +100 hoping that MSI wouldn't offer a voltage that would destroy the card. What this allowed us to do was increase the core to 650MHz which in turn pushed the shader to 1584MHz. We also had a look at what we could do with the memory and we managed to get that to 3800MHz.
As for other specifications, we've got a 40nm core, 128-bit memory bus along with CUDA and PhysX support.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity