MSI tried to put a bit of the marketing spin on me, talking about how great the model could overclock with the help of its Afterburner software. To be honest, most of the time I don't really buy into this, but thinking it might make the product a bit more exciting I decided to take the time.
As for the standard specifications, you can see above the core comes in at 550MHz, the shader at 1340MHz and the 512MB of GDDR5 at 3600MHz which is slightly up on the stock 3400MHz that the standard model comes with.
Firing up the Afterburner software, we have the ability to change the clocks and increase the voltage. To be honest, the voltage ability is a bit weird; it doesn't tell us what we're at or what we're moving to. Instead, you start at 0 and you can go -100 or +100.
We went +100 hoping that MSI wouldn't offer a voltage that would destroy the card. What this allowed us to do was increase the core to 650MHz which in turn pushed the shader to 1584MHz. We also had a look at what we could do with the memory and we managed to get that to 3800MHz.
As for other specifications, we've got a 40nm core, 128-bit memory bus along with CUDA and PhysX support.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club