MSI tried to put a bit of the marketing spin on me, talking about how great the model could overclock with the help of its Afterburner software. To be honest, most of the time I don't really buy into this, but thinking it might make the product a bit more exciting I decided to take the time.
As for the standard specifications, you can see above the core comes in at 550MHz, the shader at 1340MHz and the 512MB of GDDR5 at 3600MHz which is slightly up on the stock 3400MHz that the standard model comes with.
Firing up the Afterburner software, we have the ability to change the clocks and increase the voltage. To be honest, the voltage ability is a bit weird; it doesn't tell us what we're at or what we're moving to. Instead, you start at 0 and you can go -100 or +100.
We went +100 hoping that MSI wouldn't offer a voltage that would destroy the card. What this allowed us to do was increase the core to 650MHz which in turn pushed the shader to 1584MHz. We also had a look at what we could do with the memory and we managed to get that to 3800MHz.
As for other specifications, we've got a 40nm core, 128-bit memory bus along with CUDA and PhysX support.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99