The AXUS FiT 500E
The system ships with the drive bays removed, so we took the opportunity to show the system bare.
Here we see the drives installed. At the top a control panel allows the user to easily view the system status and set the RAID modes at startup. I configured the system for the first time with just the front display and can tell you that it is easier to navigate than the Thecus and QNAP front displays.
The side of the system is solid, but gets the job done.
The FiT 500E ships without the rear fan connected to the system.
Here we see the fan installed. This adds around an inch to the overall length to the system, but it is quite small to begin with so it is not an issue.
The eSATA and USB ports are on the back, as is a rotary switch that makes setup quite easy. You can set the RAID level with the switch or set it to GUI which allows you to adjust the array via the host software or the front panel.
I was quite surprised to see that the FiT 500 doesn't have any ventilation on the sides of the DAS at all. That means that all of the incoming air passes over the drives.
The accessories package for the FiT 500 is quite impressive. Every cable needed is included with the system including the eSATA cable and bracket. AXUS has also included a compatibility list which shows the hardware they have tested. The software CD includes all of the manuals and the host PC software that makes setting the system up much easier.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now