The AVlabs Bedside unit is not a product that I'm going to recommend today unfortunately.
Initially, the price of $150 AUD seems quite enticing, but there are a plethora of shortfalls included with the RRP.
The build quality is really quite low, certainly not in keeping with the product it's meant to be accompanying from Apple. Thin cheap plastic is the order of the day and the control knobs feel ever so cheap and nasty to boot.
Unfortunately things do not get much better as we moved on to audio quality and the choice of audio equipment chosen. My listening tests were forgettable to say the least, bordering on painful.
I might be considered a bit of a hardliner here. However, I ask; what's the purpose of putting all that energy into the manufacturing process of something of this quality? - In this day and age, there should be green house tariffs regulating the production of this stuff. However, if AVLabs have something in the works of decent quality, bring it on! If not, then next please....
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Contents]
- Page 3 [Technical Overview]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Extended 'Independence Day: Resurgence' trailer shares new secrets
- Uncharted 4 smashes Halo 5 in first week sales with 2.7 million units
- Anniversary Update will let Windows 10 run on more devices
- Homefront: The Revolution's CPU scaling is bugged
- Spotify matches Apple Music family plan pricing
- A Case Idea
- Enermax ETS-N30R-HE and ETS-N30R-TAA CPU Cooler Review
- GA-EP45-DS4 BIOS recovery
- MB J3710M + PCIe SATA controller = No POST
- Asus Driver issues?
- Crucial announces Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 SODIMMs
- Lian Li announces new Ebonsteel Series PC cases
- G.SKILL announces 3200MHz breakthrough in DDR4 SO-DIMM high capacity memory kits
- Colorful releases the world's first GeForce GTX 1080 video card
- Zotac Zbox Mini PC has even smaller footprint with new PC stick