Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz (190MHz x 20)
Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P (Supplied by Noctua)
Motherboard(s): GIGABYTE EX58-UD5 (Supplied by GIGABYTE)
Memory: 3 X 2GB Kingston Hyper X PC3-16000 2000MHz DDR CL9 (Supplied by Kingston)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital 300GB Velicorapter (Supplied by Kingston)
Operating System: Windows 7
Drivers: NVIDIA Forceware 191.07
Like we mentioned in our Sapphire HD 5870 Vapor-X review, a new testbed means we've got nothing to compare the new cards we test against. So with that said, we've compared the GTX 260+ Razor Edition from Galaxy against another standard GTX 260+.
As far as game numbers go, we won't find anything different with both cards coming in at the same speed. Our main focus will be just seeing how the GTX 260+ Razor Edition from Galaxy performs in our new games and see if the model is still capable of pushing out some good numbers in today's hottest games.
The main numbers we'll be looking at between the two cards is the cooling and temperature numbers. We hope that the Galaxy single slot cooler doesn't cause the card to run too warm. We also hope that the small fan doesn't bring us any worrying noise levels. We'll find this all out and more in our benchmarks as we push on and wind things up.
Let's get started!
3DMark Vantage is the new industry standard PC gaming performance benchmark from Futuremark, newly designed for Windows Vista and DirectX10. It includes two new graphics tests, two new CPU tests, several new feature tests, and support for the latest hardware.
3DMark Vantage is based on a completely new rendering engine, developed specifically to take full advantage of DirectX10, the new graphics API from Microsoft.
We see the GTX 260+ offers some good numbers under Vantage. Over 11000 in the P preset is nothing to sneeze at, nor is a score of over 4500 at the X one.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives