Okay, we have to say that for a DFI LANParty board we were a little disappointed with the results that we saw from the DK P55-T3eH9. While we admit we did not get to spend a large amount of time on overclocking, we still feel that as an "Overclock Edition" DFI board we should have been able to get a much higher clock than we did.
On the other end, we also saw performance below what we have come to expect from a Lynnfield/P55 system at stock speeds. Still, all is not bad with the T3eH9; the SATA controller is one of the fastest that we have worked with recently and was able to really show off the speed of the Intel X-25 we use. We also like the upgraded audio CODEC. Too many boards are okay with dumping a simple Realtek or SoundMax chip on the board and being done with it. We like a little better sound from our boards and were happy to see DFI make this extra effort.
The great accessory bundle is another plus in the T3eH9's favor and does a lot to add value to it. There are some things we would like to see DFI change on future boards, such as the 4-pin floppy power connector for PCI-e power and maybe make the BIOS a little more user friendly, but in the end the T3eH9 is a decent board for the price and one that does have potential for some excellent performance once you push it beyond stock speeds
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017