Okay, we have to say that for a DFI LANParty board we were a little disappointed with the results that we saw from the DK P55-T3eH9. While we admit we did not get to spend a large amount of time on overclocking, we still feel that as an "Overclock Edition" DFI board we should have been able to get a much higher clock than we did.
On the other end, we also saw performance below what we have come to expect from a Lynnfield/P55 system at stock speeds. Still, all is not bad with the T3eH9; the SATA controller is one of the fastest that we have worked with recently and was able to really show off the speed of the Intel X-25 we use. We also like the upgraded audio CODEC. Too many boards are okay with dumping a simple Realtek or SoundMax chip on the board and being done with it. We like a little better sound from our boards and were happy to see DFI make this extra effort.
The great accessory bundle is another plus in the T3eH9's favor and does a lot to add value to it. There are some things we would like to see DFI change on future boards, such as the 4-pin floppy power connector for PCI-e power and maybe make the BIOS a little more user friendly, but in the end the T3eH9 is a decent board for the price and one that does have potential for some excellent performance once you push it beyond stock speeds
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Nier: Automata on PC likely delayed due to piracy fears
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league