Games and Movies
Now, from the outset this product is targeted at users who play 'e-sports' games, which I assume means 'electronic sports'. How futuristic of us taking a healthy past time and shoving it inside a plastic box. I'm literally tingling with excitement at the thought.
Now, all the rage with these headsets is about positional audio; being able to hear the direction in which something is coming at you, the player, in order to gain an advantage. Although, since nearly all gamers would own one of these headsets already, I'm not sure what advantage would actually be gained. It sounds more like company spiel to me.
I'm not going to start digressing about how it "really sounded like a missile was behind me" or "how much better at killing they made me". Nope, forget that.
Instead, I'm going to say that this headset does exactly what it says it's going to do and will provide any gamer with a means of hearing himself in the simulated world.
Chances are, though, that if you're a terrible player to begin with, they will not make you start winning. And if you're a champ already, then you will probably still keep winning.
Since these are only two channel headphones, movie viewing is going to be restricted to algorithms built into on board sound cards. However, what I will say is; "Golly, they hurt your head!". I mean, seriously ZOWIE; what would an inch and a half of foam add to the build cost?
Now, as a product aimed at a user base, that by definition is going to use the product a whole lot and for long sessions, why on earth would you choose to use a solid hard piece of plastic for the headband? - This is a disappointing aspect of the Hammer and shows that virtually zero thought about the target audience (well, at least their health and safety) was put into designing this headset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- Hardware deals: GTX 1050 only $95 & cheapest Ryzen 5
- Instagram reaches 700 million users
- Samsung and LG working on a display with 4 curved sides?
- Call of Duty: WWII screenshots are sparse
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design