After taking look at the specs of these things which seem a little optimistic and also taking into account the plethora of different headsets I've taken a look at this year, honestly, I have no idea how these things are going to perform. So let's find out now.
The High End
Whether you're a gamer, music lover or movie buff, it's important that the high frequencies are kept intact as much as possible. Unfortunately, while headphones have many benefits that can aid in providing a robust high-end, there are also some limitations; size is a big one.
During my testing of the high-end reproduction, my first impression was that the sound was not dissimilar to the high-end found on the Razor's, largely in that it seemed to take a back seat role and never convey that 'buzz' or raw energy that a dedicated tweeter, even a cheap one, would.
These headsets are reliant on a single 'full range' driver tasked with reproducing the whole frequency range. The result is passable, but far from 'stimulating' or 'exciting' to listen to. In fact; 'dull' and lifeless' come quickly to mind.
Further to this, I have serious doubts as to whether the ZOWIE Hammer can get above 15 KHz which is about 2/3 of our range of hearing.
So much for the claimed 25 KHz in the spec run down. As is usually the case even on some more expensive headsets, these numbers mean almost nothing at all when everything is done and dusted.
Having said this, though, I did not feel agitated by the experience, meaning that it's better to have missing high-end than a giant lump of over exaggerated frequencies in the high-range that make you want to cover your ears up.
So, what about the mid-range? Read on to find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 changelog site launched
- Tales of Symphonia mod fixes stuttering, resolution issues
- ViewSonic's 4K FreeSync capable gaming monitor now available
- FCC filing confirms 3600mAh battery for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Voice dictation coming to Apple TV
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance