After taking look at the specs of these things which seem a little optimistic and also taking into account the plethora of different headsets I've taken a look at this year, honestly, I have no idea how these things are going to perform. So let's find out now.
The High End
Whether you're a gamer, music lover or movie buff, it's important that the high frequencies are kept intact as much as possible. Unfortunately, while headphones have many benefits that can aid in providing a robust high-end, there are also some limitations; size is a big one.
During my testing of the high-end reproduction, my first impression was that the sound was not dissimilar to the high-end found on the Razor's, largely in that it seemed to take a back seat role and never convey that 'buzz' or raw energy that a dedicated tweeter, even a cheap one, would.
These headsets are reliant on a single 'full range' driver tasked with reproducing the whole frequency range. The result is passable, but far from 'stimulating' or 'exciting' to listen to. In fact; 'dull' and lifeless' come quickly to mind.
Further to this, I have serious doubts as to whether the ZOWIE Hammer can get above 15 KHz which is about 2/3 of our range of hearing.
So much for the claimed 25 KHz in the spec run down. As is usually the case even on some more expensive headsets, these numbers mean almost nothing at all when everything is done and dusted.
Having said this, though, I did not feel agitated by the experience, meaning that it's better to have missing high-end than a giant lump of over exaggerated frequencies in the high-range that make you want to cover your ears up.
So, what about the mid-range? Read on to find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis