Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Seagate's Savvio 10K.3 is available in 146 and 300GB capacities. Both versions of the drive use the latest, just released SAS 2.0 interface that has a maximum point to point rating of 6 Gb/s. These Savvio drives use 10,000 RPM platter speeds, a standard Seagate first launched in 1996 when the first 10,000 RPM Cheetah was released. Since then Seagate has continued to revise and update their strategy which has lead to the low cost Savvio Series that was introduced in 2004. The current third generation Savvio 10K drives use 16MB of cache.
After a quick search I found that Newegg is currently out of stock of the 10K.3 series drives. Google Shopping did pull up several e-tailers with the 146GB costing 177.00 USD and the 300GB for 225.00 Dollars. This is right around where we see the Western Digital VelociRaptor priced and it will be interesting to see how the two compare in our real world tests coming later in this review.
Till then, let's take a look at the Seagate 10K.3.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Seagate Savvio 10K.3]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA ordered to pay each GeForce GTX 970 $30 over VRAM controversy
- Facebook now has over 1.7 billion monthly active users
- Pokemon NO! Parents start naming babies after Pokemon GO characters
- Disney developing 'Rocketeer' sequel
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio