Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Seagate's Savvio 10K.3 is available in 146 and 300GB capacities. Both versions of the drive use the latest, just released SAS 2.0 interface that has a maximum point to point rating of 6 Gb/s. These Savvio drives use 10,000 RPM platter speeds, a standard Seagate first launched in 1996 when the first 10,000 RPM Cheetah was released. Since then Seagate has continued to revise and update their strategy which has lead to the low cost Savvio Series that was introduced in 2004. The current third generation Savvio 10K drives use 16MB of cache.
After a quick search I found that Newegg is currently out of stock of the 10K.3 series drives. Google Shopping did pull up several e-tailers with the 146GB costing 177.00 USD and the 300GB for 225.00 Dollars. This is right around where we see the Western Digital VelociRaptor priced and it will be interesting to see how the two compare in our real world tests coming later in this review.
Till then, let's take a look at the Seagate 10K.3.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Seagate Savvio 10K.3]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni