Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Seagate's Savvio 10K.3 is available in 146 and 300GB capacities. Both versions of the drive use the latest, just released SAS 2.0 interface that has a maximum point to point rating of 6 Gb/s. These Savvio drives use 10,000 RPM platter speeds, a standard Seagate first launched in 1996 when the first 10,000 RPM Cheetah was released. Since then Seagate has continued to revise and update their strategy which has lead to the low cost Savvio Series that was introduced in 2004. The current third generation Savvio 10K drives use 16MB of cache.
After a quick search I found that Newegg is currently out of stock of the 10K.3 series drives. Google Shopping did pull up several e-tailers with the 146GB costing 177.00 USD and the 300GB for 225.00 Dollars. This is right around where we see the Western Digital VelociRaptor priced and it will be interesting to see how the two compare in our real world tests coming later in this review.
Till then, let's take a look at the Seagate 10K.3.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Seagate Savvio 10K.3]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League adds cross-play between Xbox One, PC
- AT&T begins enforcing broadband caps, offers $30 waiver option
- Revolutionize your drive with the Automatic Connected Car Adapter
- DOTA 2 now second game to support Vulkan
- Nintendo's next-gen handheld called 'MH', will co-exist with NX?
- Error on GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, config HDD RAID w/M.2 boot drive
- OCZ RevoDrive 400 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx/ac no display after resume
- H61M-DS2 Memory Problem
- A Case Idea
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition
- G.SKILL hosts OC World Record Stage and OC World Cup at Computex 2016, sponsored by Intel, Samsung, and NVIDIA
- Logitech announces Ultimate Ears Roll 2 speakers
- EK Waterblocks GeForce GTX 1080 block now available
- Crucial announces Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 SODIMMs