Right out of the gat I had my doubts about this cooler; even with new fans and a shroud it is still the same body as the SilenX. At that time I didn't think the performance of their (SilenX's) cooler was worth the almost $80 asking price for both the cooler and the fan kit. Now I'm not so positive it didn't do a good job, regardless of pricing. I would have really liked to see better numbers from the Xigmatek, but it just isn't my day.
The fact that is places in the bottom of the aftermarket coolers is a shock, but trying to rationalize things, it is still better than a stock cooler. It is attractive to look at, but takes up over two slots on the motherboard and renders Crossfire and SLI useless. Noise levels, again are hard to ascertain in a complete build. I try to run coolers that are quiet for comparison, but when under load for Furmark testing, I couldn't tell which was louder; the stock Intel cooler or the Bifrost. I will say this, if you are running a high end air cooler, I would venture to say you won't hear the Bifrost over your CPU cooler either.
No matter what the results say, I know there will be a few who will go out and grab a Bifrost VD1065 and give it your own trials. If this is you, you will need to hold on just a bit, as the Bifrost, just like the Balder, has yet to hit shelves. Xigmatek did price themselves right with the Bifrost, however. Talking with Xigmatek, I found out the MSRP is a mere $42.99, which I'm sure doesn't include shipping, but still makes the Bifrost VD1065 a viable, budget option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn is 'best' 4K game on PS4 Pro so far
- Nintendo Switch has 25.9 GB available memory, OS is 4GB
- GDC 2017 tease Ghost Recon Wildlands technology video
- GTX 1080 Ti teased in Halo Wars 2 official requirements
- 'Terminator 2' 3D cinema re-release set for Judgment Day
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league