Right out of the gat I had my doubts about this cooler; even with new fans and a shroud it is still the same body as the SilenX. At that time I didn't think the performance of their (SilenX's) cooler was worth the almost $80 asking price for both the cooler and the fan kit. Now I'm not so positive it didn't do a good job, regardless of pricing. I would have really liked to see better numbers from the Xigmatek, but it just isn't my day.
The fact that is places in the bottom of the aftermarket coolers is a shock, but trying to rationalize things, it is still better than a stock cooler. It is attractive to look at, but takes up over two slots on the motherboard and renders Crossfire and SLI useless. Noise levels, again are hard to ascertain in a complete build. I try to run coolers that are quiet for comparison, but when under load for Furmark testing, I couldn't tell which was louder; the stock Intel cooler or the Bifrost. I will say this, if you are running a high end air cooler, I would venture to say you won't hear the Bifrost over your CPU cooler either.
No matter what the results say, I know there will be a few who will go out and grab a Bifrost VD1065 and give it your own trials. If this is you, you will need to hold on just a bit, as the Bifrost, just like the Balder, has yet to hit shelves. Xigmatek did price themselves right with the Bifrost, however. Talking with Xigmatek, I found out the MSRP is a mere $42.99, which I'm sure doesn't include shipping, but still makes the Bifrost VD1065 a viable, budget option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HTC slices $200 from Vive price, now costs $599
- Forza Motorsport 7 requires GTX 1080/Vega for 4K 60FPS
- ASUS makes ROG Strix Radeon RX Vega series official
- Project CARS 2 screenshots from Gamescom 2017: DELICIOUS
- Radeon Vega 8, Vega 10 spotted: Raven Ridge APU tech?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect