The Antec Mini Skeleton Open Air Case
At first glance there doesn't seem to be much change to the Mini Skeleton-90. Look a little closer and things start to pop out. Fewer components in the front I/O and less room for drives are the main things that had to change in shrinking down the chassis.
Keeping in line with the original, the Mini shares all the ease of access to the sides as well. These drop down panels will allow you to mount drives if you feel it is necessary.
The rear of the Mini has a couple of things to note. No clear plastic graphics card support is what I noticed first. Near the bottom, to the left, is where the power adapter gets plugged in. To the right is where Antec mounted the 70mm rear exhaust fan. This fan will draw air to cool both drives and the power supply.
Same as with the other side; the vented, bottom half drops out of the way for access as well. Once the panels are removed, you can mount SSD's with the trays I will show you later, here as well.
Looking into the belly of the beast, we see the 150mm blue LED fan that cools by pulling in outside air and blowing it down onto your components. One thing I do like about the Mini over the original is that they backed the underside of the fan with grill material as well. With the limited room, this keeps fingers safe while tinkering inside the Mini Skeleton-90.
As I mentioned in the specs page, this is a TriCool fan on top of the Mini. Located to the left side near the front of the fan, you will locate the switches. The white switch is to turn the blue LED's on or off during operation. The three position switch is for the three "TriCool" levels of the fan.
Front I/O wiring is typical. You get an HDD activity, reset and power connection. Somehow the power lead eluded me in this image, but I promise you it is there. The USB 2.0 and HD or AC'97 audio connections finish up the included wiring.
Simply removing one thumbscrew from the rear of the floor of the chassis, the motherboard tray and component shelves slide out for easier installation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Antec Mini skeleton-90 Open Air Case]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now