Specifications, Availability and Pricing
This open air chassis is built from 0.8mm cold rolled steel. The floor, motherboard tray and mounting clips are all made of steel for the innards, while the exterior is made from reinforced plastic. The plastic outer shell is painted grey and has had a texture applied, dulling the look of the chassis. The front I/O, housed in this frame, consists of two USB 2.0 connections and two 3.5mm jacks for audio. The chassis only supports mITX motherboards and 2.5" storage drives. There is no way around those two factors. The Mini does still allow room for a full sized, 5.25" optical drive, though. With its small size and relative light weight, there should be no issues finding some space to house this Mini Skeleton.
With the reduced scale of things, cooling is handled a bit differently this time around as well. The TriCool on the Mini is only 250mm this time, but does put out sufficient air flow. Mounted in between the floor and the motherboard tray, in the rear of the chassis, airflow on your components housed here comes from a 70mm fan pulling air in the front and out the back. The idea here is with less moving parts and lower voltages of said parts, more cooling just isn't needed.
If finding an Antec Mini Skeleton-90 is on your list of things to do, you will have no issues locating one. Looking around, all the major players stock it both on and off the web. During my searches I was able to locate the Mini Skeleton-90 for $109.99 at Newegg. This does not include shipping. Price is fair it seems at this point, but let's let the chassis itself do the talking and see how I feel when my time with the Mini Skeleton-90 is done.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Antec Mini skeleton-90 Open Air Case]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hottest new PC games discounted in digital pre-order sale
- Battlefield 1 Closed Alpha invites rolling out
- Fallout 4 mod support on PS4 delayed indefinitely
- Here's some serious 1-1 training to elevate your tech skills
- Nintendo NX manufacturing preparations are underway
- AMD Radeon RX 480 Video Card Review - Starting a Rebellion From $199
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities