There are three parts of the Web Configuration page :-
- Live Video
Live Video is exactly what it says. You have a live view of what the CAS-673W sees. You can move the camera around with the control pad on the screen, directly click on the live image or use one of the pre-set points to move the view quickly.
Under the Setup menu, as we have already covered the setup of wireless networking (using the Wizard and the wireless setup page), we will start off here with Wired Network Setup.
The wired network setup is a simple page that does have a few important options. One of the first is Universal Plug and Play. This is an option that is pretty much standard on home routers. However, it is not always the most security smart option to have enabled. It allows your router and internal equipment to dynamically find the right ports through its security without you manually setting it up.
You can also setup different external ports for web access to the CAS-673W and also to the RTSP service. You can also change the options for authentication on the ports page.
Here are the usual controls for image quality; nothing much out of the ordinary here.
The next page covers setting up different video and audio profiles. Each of these can be used for different connection types. There is also a pre-set one for mobile devices. You also have the options of adjusting the audio levels or simply turning it off. This is important as in many states the recording of audio without notification and consent is illegal, even in your own home. So you will want to check your local laws before you turn this feature on.
The motion detection page allows you to setup the area of coverage for the detection , movement in the camera's view. You can also adjust the sensitivity of this area to prevent false alarms from pets or other small moving objects.
The Pre-Set Position menu gives you the option to setup "stop" points in the CAS-673's range of movement. These are used to quickly move the camera to a spot or as points in the patrol feature.
The recording page is where you will find all of the options for setting up automated recording. There are options for FTP, SMB/Samba and e-mail. You can also set the system to start recording on a schedule or have it begin when a motion event occurs.
The snapshot page is the same with the exception of it only taking still images.
The system menu has all of the settings for the actual CAS-673 system. You can add or remove users, change passwords, change the camera's name and label (visible on the OSD). You can also set the LED's to be on, off or setup as a dummy. This will make the CAS-673W look like it is not connected. There is also an option to calibrate the lens position.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni