There are three parts of the Web Configuration page :-
- Live Video
Live Video is exactly what it says. You have a live view of what the CAS-673W sees. You can move the camera around with the control pad on the screen, directly click on the live image or use one of the pre-set points to move the view quickly.
Under the Setup menu, as we have already covered the setup of wireless networking (using the Wizard and the wireless setup page), we will start off here with Wired Network Setup.
The wired network setup is a simple page that does have a few important options. One of the first is Universal Plug and Play. This is an option that is pretty much standard on home routers. However, it is not always the most security smart option to have enabled. It allows your router and internal equipment to dynamically find the right ports through its security without you manually setting it up.
You can also setup different external ports for web access to the CAS-673W and also to the RTSP service. You can also change the options for authentication on the ports page.
Here are the usual controls for image quality; nothing much out of the ordinary here.
The next page covers setting up different video and audio profiles. Each of these can be used for different connection types. There is also a pre-set one for mobile devices. You also have the options of adjusting the audio levels or simply turning it off. This is important as in many states the recording of audio without notification and consent is illegal, even in your own home. So you will want to check your local laws before you turn this feature on.
The motion detection page allows you to setup the area of coverage for the detection , movement in the camera's view. You can also adjust the sensitivity of this area to prevent false alarms from pets or other small moving objects.
The Pre-Set Position menu gives you the option to setup "stop" points in the CAS-673's range of movement. These are used to quickly move the camera to a spot or as points in the patrol feature.
The recording page is where you will find all of the options for setting up automated recording. There are options for FTP, SMB/Samba and e-mail. You can also set the system to start recording on a schedule or have it begin when a motion event occurs.
The snapshot page is the same with the exception of it only taking still images.
The system menu has all of the settings for the actual CAS-673 system. You can add or remove users, change passwords, change the camera's name and label (visible on the OSD). You can also set the LED's to be on, off or setup as a dummy. This will make the CAS-673W look like it is not connected. There is also an option to calibrate the lens position.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Aquaman swims onto screens on October 5, 2018
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Universal's 'The Mummy' returns in first teaser trailer
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset