The Balder SD1283 is shipped in a see through plastic package with grey and teal highlights. A bit of scrollwork to the right draws your eye to the 120mm, LED lit fan. This HDT cooler also comes AMD ready as well as with i5 and i7 compatibility, as shown at the bottom.
The right side of the package is clear as well, on this side allowing a view of the top of the Balder. At the bottom Xigmatek indicates the SD1283 is plated with "Bright-Nickel" just below the image of the fins.
The rear of the packaging is backed in black; this allows a better view of the specifications chart and the images to the right are about the anti-vibration fan mounts we have come to appreciate.
Getting our last look at the outer packaging, Xigmatek fills this side with the Balder's compatibility list. This cooler will fit any LGA775 cooler and newer sockets from Intel, as well as pretty much anything Socket 939 and after for AMD.
Removing the cooler from the outer packaging leaves us with more plastic on the inside. The Balder is housed in a two layer inner package. The first layer surrounds the fan, while the second layer surrounds the actual cooler, keeping both separated and secure during shipping. The indented section to the left is where all the hardware was shipped, which was removed for this image.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Balder SD1283 H.D.T. CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Zen CPU will arrive in 6 and 8-core versions at launch
- iPhone 7 could have a 3.5mm headphone jack after all
- Doom PC specs released, takes up 50GB on PS4 and Xbox One
- Overwatch beta goes live on all platforms
- New Xbox will be '5 times more powerful' than PS4 Neo, rocks 10 TFLOPs
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini