We have played with several external drives and their connectivity systems over the years. Most of them do provide adequate performance; however, in the recent past as external drives have gotten smaller and moved toward USB-only power, we have seen the number of ports they take up and the impact on system performance go up. This was even true of the FreeAgent Go series until Seagate removed the need for the extra USB connection for power.
Now with the new Dock+ you are getting more USB 2.0 ports thrown into the mix. It is unfortunate that you cannot use the Dock+ without the external power (with just a single FreeAgent Go drive), but it still provides a nice "home" station for your FreeAgent Go or even the BlackArmor PS-110.
Over all, for the $29.99 price tag at Newegg it is a nice product that does exactly what Seagate says it does. We found ourselves leaving all of our USB devices plugged into the Dock+ (Mouse, iPhone Cable, Zune HD Cable) when we took our laptop on the road. This made un-hooking and hooking back up much easier and did not affect performance in any way. Even our CM Storm Sentinel Advance was unaffected, which was a good thing as it does not normally like USB hubs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017