While working on this review of the FreeAgent Go Dock+, I kept wondering how I would be able to test actual performance when using this product. The obvious answer was to test an actual external drive while connected to the Dock+ and a system. Then to test the Dock with more than one drive connected (one on the actual dock and the other on a standard USB port). The last would be to benchmark performance with multiple peripherals attached. These would be a USB mouse (Cooler Master CM Storm Sentinel) and a 16GB Zune HD. This should give the best indication of how the Dock+ will perform under typical use.
As you can see, despite loading up the Dock+ with multiple devices, you are still able to get decent bandwidth. True, it is not quite the level of e-SATA or FireWire, but it is good enough that you won't have to worry about losing performance if you choose to run more than one drive on it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives