While working on this review of the FreeAgent Go Dock+, I kept wondering how I would be able to test actual performance when using this product. The obvious answer was to test an actual external drive while connected to the Dock+ and a system. Then to test the Dock with more than one drive connected (one on the actual dock and the other on a standard USB port). The last would be to benchmark performance with multiple peripherals attached. These would be a USB mouse (Cooler Master CM Storm Sentinel) and a 16GB Zune HD. This should give the best indication of how the Dock+ will perform under typical use.
As you can see, despite loading up the Dock+ with multiple devices, you are still able to get decent bandwidth. True, it is not quite the level of e-SATA or FireWire, but it is good enough that you won't have to worry about losing performance if you choose to run more than one drive on it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications