External drives are coming back around in popularity. This return to favor has been due to a reduction in price of high capacity disk drives, better power management for USB devices (needing only one USB port vs. two), the growing popularity of SSD and the move to mobile computing as an extension of the workplace/desktop. As SSDs become more popular, but remain expensive for high capacity models, the desire for extra storage will be high.
This is where the lower price of high-capacity HDDs comes in; this lowers the price of them for use in external devices. One of the more popular ones is Seagate's FreeAgent Go series. These drives now run all the way up to 1TB but remain small in size, while the software they run allows you easily backup, sync and encrypt your files. Seagate also offers a nice line of accessories to compliment these drives. One of the most common was the FreeAgent Go Dock. This put your drive into a nice cradle that positions it upright at a slight angle.
There was a down side to them, though, they used up two USB ports and offered nothing in return. Seagate changed all of that with the new FreeAgent Go Dock+. This combines the usefulness of the original dock with a powered USB Hub. Today we take a look at one and see how well it works.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni