FIC have produced a well featured Pentium 4 motherboard that would fit into the small server/ backup PC line. For the enthusiasts, FIC needs some extra work especially in the overclocking department.
While FIC have given us RAID and LAN onboard with USB 2.0 for all the compatibility with new and upcoming hardware, the overclocking of this board is not at all up to scratch. FIC have only given us one overclocking option, FSB adjustments...and even these are very sketchy at best. No voltage tweaks means the Pentium 4 processors will need to overclock like hell on the default voltage, to run on this board at overclocked speeds.
Stability and compatibility wise, the FIC board is fantastic. We did not experience a single crash or piece of hardware that wouldn't run on this board. FIC seem to have gotten this bit right.
Finally, FIC have a reasonably good board on their hands - Tweak of the memory settings, give us a better overclocking system and you would have a board to be proud of.
-Excellent hardware layout
-Very limited in overclocking
-Slower than most Intel boards
Rating 7.5 out of 10.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- FIC VC19 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- FIC VC19 - Page 2 [VC19 Specifications]
- FIC VC19 - Page 3 [VC19 Features]
- FIC VC19 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- FIC VC19 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- FIC VC19 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- FIC VC19 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- FIC VC19 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- FIC VC19 - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Toshiba brings 64-layer 3D flash to retail SATA SSDs
- Apple will make its own OLED screens for 2018 iPhones
- Huawei Kirin 970 goes into mass production in September
- Xiaomi announces Mi AI Speaker priced at mere $45
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers