Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.0GHz)
Memory: 6GB Kingston KHX12800D3T1K3/6GX (Supplied by Kingston)
Hard Disk: Kingston SSD Now M (Intel X25-M 80GB SSD) (Supplied by Kingston)
Graphics Card: Zotac GTX 280 AMP! Edition 1GB (Supplied by Zotac)
Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 (with an extra fan) (Supplied by Cooler Master)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate RC-1
Drivers: Intel INF 18.104.22.1687, ForceWare 190.38
As mentioned just before, I tended to have a few issues with memory and the IGP. This showed itself in my 3DMark Vantage testing. I found that I would have to run through the test twice to get a proper score. The first run always gave me some type of error; it was either a script error that caused the program to hang or an error saying the score was not accurate. But it was something. This was even more apparent when overclocked.
On the other side, I also ran some HD video through this board using a USB Blu-ray drive provided by ASUS. This was connected via HDMI to my HD TV. I ran into an odd occurrence; for some reason the NVIDIA GF9400 would not read my TV properly. It wanted to push the 1920x1080 resolution off the edges of the screen and it forced me to downsize the resolution to an odd number to get it all to fit. This caused some distortion of the Blu-ray playback. I am not certain if this was just the set that I have or a larger issue with the GF9400. I can say that I have not had this problem with ATi or Intel IGPs.
Audio through the HDMI seemed a little thin and reedy, but was clean otherwise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity