Overall I found the DFI LANParty JR. GF9400M to be an excellent board. It was quick, stable and only had a few minor issues (HDMI 1.3 handoff). This problem is fairly easy to overcome with an add-in GPU. There are many out there that run HDMI and HDCP better than the GF9400 and take up less resources, too.
The chipset on its own is very good and quite capable for such a low-power device. DFI, for their part, have added in their own styling and gotten the board rigged for overclocking. Unfortunately our retail Core 2 Duo was not able to get us very high numbers, but we feel that the DFI board does have the potential there for much higher clocks. Still, even with an inexpensive Core 2 Duo you can get some very good performance out of it.
The LANParty JR GF9400 works best in the role of a SFF gaming rig (with add-in GPU) or as a HTPC (again with add-in GPU), The audio quality form the onboard sound is good enough that even if you do not run HDMI out to a receiver you will get quality surround sound. Its Micro ATX form factor lets you drop it in a small case and the minimal heat from the chipset lets you keep the fans running on low or run it out of the case without the fear of overheating.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni