Overall I found the DFI LANParty JR. GF9400M to be an excellent board. It was quick, stable and only had a few minor issues (HDMI 1.3 handoff). This problem is fairly easy to overcome with an add-in GPU. There are many out there that run HDMI and HDCP better than the GF9400 and take up less resources, too.
The chipset on its own is very good and quite capable for such a low-power device. DFI, for their part, have added in their own styling and gotten the board rigged for overclocking. Unfortunately our retail Core 2 Duo was not able to get us very high numbers, but we feel that the DFI board does have the potential there for much higher clocks. Still, even with an inexpensive Core 2 Duo you can get some very good performance out of it.
The LANParty JR GF9400 works best in the role of a SFF gaming rig (with add-in GPU) or as a HTPC (again with add-in GPU), The audio quality form the onboard sound is good enough that even if you do not run HDMI out to a receiver you will get quality surround sound. Its Micro ATX form factor lets you drop it in a small case and the minimal heat from the chipset lets you keep the fans running on low or run it out of the case without the fear of overheating.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset