Overall I found the DFI LANParty JR. GF9400M to be an excellent board. It was quick, stable and only had a few minor issues (HDMI 1.3 handoff). This problem is fairly easy to overcome with an add-in GPU. There are many out there that run HDMI and HDCP better than the GF9400 and take up less resources, too.
The chipset on its own is very good and quite capable for such a low-power device. DFI, for their part, have added in their own styling and gotten the board rigged for overclocking. Unfortunately our retail Core 2 Duo was not able to get us very high numbers, but we feel that the DFI board does have the potential there for much higher clocks. Still, even with an inexpensive Core 2 Duo you can get some very good performance out of it.
The LANParty JR GF9400 works best in the role of a SFF gaming rig (with add-in GPU) or as a HTPC (again with add-in GPU), The audio quality form the onboard sound is good enough that even if you do not run HDMI out to a receiver you will get quality surround sound. Its Micro ATX form factor lets you drop it in a small case and the minimal heat from the chipset lets you keep the fans running on low or run it out of the case without the fear of overheating.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- 47% of gamers spend money while playing games
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller