DFI has always been a name synonymous with overclocking. To put it simply, they really do not make anything that does not have a ton of overclocking features built right into it. Even their small form factor boards with IGPs on them are setup to be overclocked to the hilt. This does make them a more enthusiast oriented product, but that has not hurt them at all in terms of sales.
We recently had the fun of toying around with DFI's LANParty Jr. GF9400 T2RS. This is an LGA 775 DDR2 board that has NVIDIA's GF9400 IGP and MCP7A-U chipset (pretty much ION) right in the middle. While DFI may boast some of the most overclockable boards, how will this work on the NVIDIA chipset, especially given its market point as an entry level and HTPC mainboard? - After all, how many people do you know that overclock their HTPC?
At 139.99 USD from Newegg, can the DFI LANParty Jr. GF9400 T2RS make a good SFF gaming board and break out of its intended HTPC/Entry level shell? Well, we aim to find that out today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield Hardline: Betrayal brings a sword to a gun fight, and more
- For Honor not meant for the mass market, more of a 'core' game
- Stay Connected to Netflix, Hulu & More Anywhere in the World
- Bungie confirms Destiny 2 for 2017, 'large expansion' coming in 2016
- Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 gets 12 maps when it launches
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives