DFI has always been a name synonymous with overclocking. To put it simply, they really do not make anything that does not have a ton of overclocking features built right into it. Even their small form factor boards with IGPs on them are setup to be overclocked to the hilt. This does make them a more enthusiast oriented product, but that has not hurt them at all in terms of sales.
We recently had the fun of toying around with DFI's LANParty Jr. GF9400 T2RS. This is an LGA 775 DDR2 board that has NVIDIA's GF9400 IGP and MCP7A-U chipset (pretty much ION) right in the middle. While DFI may boast some of the most overclockable boards, how will this work on the NVIDIA chipset, especially given its market point as an entry level and HTPC mainboard? - After all, how many people do you know that overclock their HTPC?
At 139.99 USD from Newegg, can the DFI LANParty Jr. GF9400 T2RS make a good SFF gaming board and break out of its intended HTPC/Entry level shell? Well, we aim to find that out today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives