For a company that has only about four motherboards on the market, Albatron has done a rather splendid job. However, while they may have done well in benchmarks, they have to make up in the equipment area. Firstly, there is no RAID or USB 2.0 controllers. Today most of us are using either one or both of these options and with them not being present on the KX400+, it is definitely not for you if you run RAID and/or USB 2.0
Secondly, the overclocking. While Albatron does give you a heap of options, there are still a few extra options and additions I would like to have seen made. Firstly, I would have preferred higher memory voltage options; 2.8v is just not enough for pushing high memory frequencies, especially if this board is going to have DDR-400 dividers in the next BIOS. Secondly, there are no AGP/PCI dividers to control. When overclocking, it's nice to be able to know and set your PCI and AGP frequencies manually. Finally, on the overclocking side, AGP voltage adjustments would have been nice. Overclocking the video card requires some extra power on the AGP and Albatron's KX400+ just doesn't give the option.
With that said, Albatron has definitely gotten off to a good start. Lets hope they continue to produce great performing boards with a few more options next time.
Overclocking is good for first time board
No RAID or USB2.0
No AGP voltage tweaks
No PCI/AGP divider adjustments
Would like more DDR SDRAM voltage tweaks
Rating - 7.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 3 [Features]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand