For a company that has only about four motherboards on the market, Albatron has done a rather splendid job. However, while they may have done well in benchmarks, they have to make up in the equipment area. Firstly, there is no RAID or USB 2.0 controllers. Today most of us are using either one or both of these options and with them not being present on the KX400+, it is definitely not for you if you run RAID and/or USB 2.0
Secondly, the overclocking. While Albatron does give you a heap of options, there are still a few extra options and additions I would like to have seen made. Firstly, I would have preferred higher memory voltage options; 2.8v is just not enough for pushing high memory frequencies, especially if this board is going to have DDR-400 dividers in the next BIOS. Secondly, there are no AGP/PCI dividers to control. When overclocking, it's nice to be able to know and set your PCI and AGP frequencies manually. Finally, on the overclocking side, AGP voltage adjustments would have been nice. Overclocking the video card requires some extra power on the AGP and Albatron's KX400+ just doesn't give the option.
With that said, Albatron has definitely gotten off to a good start. Lets hope they continue to produce great performing boards with a few more options next time.
Overclocking is good for first time board
No RAID or USB2.0
No AGP voltage tweaks
No PCI/AGP divider adjustments
Would like more DDR SDRAM voltage tweaks
Rating - 7.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 3 [Features]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project CARS 2 latest screenshots look amazing
- BlackBerry announces KEYone, with Pixel's camera sensor
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications