For a company that has only about four motherboards on the market, Albatron has done a rather splendid job. However, while they may have done well in benchmarks, they have to make up in the equipment area. Firstly, there is no RAID or USB 2.0 controllers. Today most of us are using either one or both of these options and with them not being present on the KX400+, it is definitely not for you if you run RAID and/or USB 2.0
Secondly, the overclocking. While Albatron does give you a heap of options, there are still a few extra options and additions I would like to have seen made. Firstly, I would have preferred higher memory voltage options; 2.8v is just not enough for pushing high memory frequencies, especially if this board is going to have DDR-400 dividers in the next BIOS. Secondly, there are no AGP/PCI dividers to control. When overclocking, it's nice to be able to know and set your PCI and AGP frequencies manually. Finally, on the overclocking side, AGP voltage adjustments would have been nice. Overclocking the video card requires some extra power on the AGP and Albatron's KX400+ just doesn't give the option.
With that said, Albatron has definitely gotten off to a good start. Lets hope they continue to produce great performing boards with a few more options next time.
Overclocking is good for first time board
No RAID or USB2.0
No AGP voltage tweaks
No PCI/AGP divider adjustments
Would like more DDR SDRAM voltage tweaks
Rating - 7.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 3 [Features]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 9 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sony is working on a Remote Play app for Windows and OS X
- Acer Predator gaming notebooks feature i7-6700HQ, 980M, 4K, G-SYNC
- AMD says price drop on their GPUs isn't their doing
- Multiple Instagram accounts now supported on Android
- Make us an awesome TweakTown wallpaper, win a Corsair Hydro H110i GT
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader