Albatron is a relatively new name to the motherboard and graphics production industry. Quite frankly, until Computex 2002, I had never heard of them. However, a quick trip to their booth and some photos later we began to see that Albatron had some very interesting ideas and a reasonably good upcoming line of products for a company that has not had a board on the market in the past.
Here is a snip from Albatron's webpage on the history of Albatron.
"Albatron Technology was formerly known as 'Chun Yun Electronics'. The company has been established since the early 80's and it was listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange in May 1999. Its primary business was producing television and CRT monitor display. So, how come this company can receive Intel support without even producing a single motherboard? Jack decided to leave his beloved company 'Gigabyte' and joined Albatron Technology end of last year. Within the IT and financial world, this was good news to Albatron Technology. He was immediately rewarded by the financial industry; the Albatron shares went up by 200% within a very short period of time. In Taiwan, Jack is better known as 'Big Jack' for his persistence in driving for success. At his head office in Taipei City, he has been the driving force behind this newfound success. He is changing the direction of the company and motherboards will be a very important piece for the future of Albatron."While this press statement is all good, it is up to the R&D team and the engineers to make this a reality. Today, Albatron has been kind enough to send us a KX400+ motherboard based on the VIA KT333 chipset for the AMD Athlon platform. Will it perform? Lets find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 3 [Features]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo 3DS isn't going anywhere
- Messenger Lite now available in 150 additional countries
- Nintendo sold 2.74 million Switch systems in first month
- Nintendo profits increase by 521%
- Tekken 7's boxing kangaroo nixed due to animal activists
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives