Albatron is a relatively new name to the motherboard and graphics production industry. Quite frankly, until Computex 2002, I had never heard of them. However, a quick trip to their booth and some photos later we began to see that Albatron had some very interesting ideas and a reasonably good upcoming line of products for a company that has not had a board on the market in the past.
Here is a snip from Albatron's webpage on the history of Albatron.
"Albatron Technology was formerly known as 'Chun Yun Electronics'. The company has been established since the early 80's and it was listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange in May 1999. Its primary business was producing television and CRT monitor display. So, how come this company can receive Intel support without even producing a single motherboard? Jack decided to leave his beloved company 'Gigabyte' and joined Albatron Technology end of last year. Within the IT and financial world, this was good news to Albatron Technology. He was immediately rewarded by the financial industry; the Albatron shares went up by 200% within a very short period of time. In Taiwan, Jack is better known as 'Big Jack' for his persistence in driving for success. At his head office in Taipei City, he has been the driving force behind this newfound success. He is changing the direction of the company and motherboards will be a very important piece for the future of Albatron."While this press statement is all good, it is up to the R&D team and the engineers to make this a reality. Today, Albatron has been kind enough to send us a KX400+ motherboard based on the VIA KT333 chipset for the AMD Athlon platform. Will it perform? Lets find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 3 [Features]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand