Albatron is a relatively new name to the motherboard and graphics production industry. Quite frankly, until Computex 2002, I had never heard of them. However, a quick trip to their booth and some photos later we began to see that Albatron had some very interesting ideas and a reasonably good upcoming line of products for a company that has not had a board on the market in the past.
Here is a snip from Albatron's webpage on the history of Albatron.
"Albatron Technology was formerly known as 'Chun Yun Electronics'. The company has been established since the early 80's and it was listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange in May 1999. Its primary business was producing television and CRT monitor display. So, how come this company can receive Intel support without even producing a single motherboard? Jack decided to leave his beloved company 'Gigabyte' and joined Albatron Technology end of last year. Within the IT and financial world, this was good news to Albatron Technology. He was immediately rewarded by the financial industry; the Albatron shares went up by 200% within a very short period of time. In Taiwan, Jack is better known as 'Big Jack' for his persistence in driving for success. At his head office in Taipei City, he has been the driving force behind this newfound success. He is changing the direction of the company and motherboards will be a very important piece for the future of Albatron."While this press statement is all good, it is up to the R&D team and the engineers to make this a reality. Today, Albatron has been kind enough to send us a KX400+ motherboard based on the VIA KT333 chipset for the AMD Athlon platform. Will it perform? Lets find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 3 [Features]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Albatron KX400+ - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Pixel 2 to feature squeezable frame - Active Edge
- Tencent didn't invest in PUBG studio Bluehole
- Galaxy Note8 will be the first Note with 6GB of RAM
- Amazon Instant Pickup has orders ready in two minutes
- The future of Faraday Future looks clearer
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- how many pcie slots can i use?
- Bios question on new build
- NETGEAR ReadyNAS 626X 10Gbe NAS Review
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes
- ASUS announces DSL-AC88U router
- Final Fantasy XIV: Online exceeds 10 million players worldwide