With the package out of the way it's time to have a look at the card and you can see there isn't anything too special about it. As fancy as the card sounds with its Super Overclock naming, we can see that GIGABYTE has opted for the stock cooler like we saw with the GTX 260.
We can of course see that GIGABYTE has added its own sticker to the cooler. On the fan we have the GIGABYTE logo while on the left side we have the brand, model and again the mention that the card is part of the Super Overclock series.
Taking a quick spin around the card, there continues to be no surprises. At the back of the card we have two 6-Pin PCI E connectors, while next to these we also have a little white connector which is used in conjunction with the S/PDIF loop back cable. Staying across the top but moving closer to the front, we have our two SLI connectors which give us the ability to run up to three of these cards together.
In the I/O department we can see that GIGABYTE has decided to mix it up a bit. Across the top we have our vents to let the hot air escape. Moving down and starting from the right we have a Dual-Link DVI connector, VGA port and a native HDMI port. If you need two DVI ports, though, don't forget that GIGABYTE was kind enough to include a HDMI to DVI connector in the bundle as well.
Having a look at the specifications, we can see that GIGABYTE haven't disappointed when it comes to clocks. The first number we're looking at is 715MHz; this is way up from the stock 633MHz that the GTX 275 normally carries. This has in turn boosted the shader clock to 1550MHz from the stock 1404MHz.
What we can also see is that GIGABYTE have doubled the memory from 896MB of GDDR3 to 1792MB. They've then cranked the MHz up on that to 2520MHz DDR which like the other clocks is way up from the stock clock which comes in at 2268MHz DDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Uber hack in early 2014 allegedly traced back to the CTO of Lyft
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent